Will different brands of ram cause any problem acer aspire 7 ryzen 5 5000u variant?

SahilShihab
SahilShihab Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I bought an acer aspire 7 ryzen 5 5000u variant which comes with 8 gb ram. I had to upgrade the ram to 16gb. I didn’t know the previous ram’s brand so I opted for a random brand (which was from team group-8gb-ddr4-32000mhz). I have two questions. First is, can someone reassure me about the bus speed of this laptop’s pre-installed ram?  Secondly, will there be any problems if I mismatched the ram brands?

( Edited the title to add model name )

Answers

• SahilShihab

3200mhz*

.…
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,889 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

I bought an acer aspire 7 ryzen 5 5000u variant which comes with 8 gb ram. I had to upgrade the ram to 16gb. I didn’t know the previous ram’s brand so I opted for a random brand (which was from team group-8gb-ddr4-32000mhz). I have two questions. First is, can someone reassure me about the bus speed of this laptop’s pre-installed ram?  Secondly, will there be any problems if I mismatched the ram brands?

Different brands with the same CL and specs will not cause any problems but different brands with different and none compatible specs will so install CPUz and look into its SPD section to find out your laptops exciting OEM 8GB rams exact specs (see captions below which is my Nitro 5 AN515056 specs) and match the exact ram part number of the ram with the new additional 8GB ram module that you want to add, try to get the exact manufacturer and match the part number (as that is the best as its virtually like a matched kit).

If the same manufacturer and ram part number are not available on the web (which is very rare as you should be able to buy an exact 8GB module) then match the CPUz SPD "Timing Table" spec exactly from another manufacturer, like I did with one of my new Nitro laptops that these specs are from below, as your ram is probably the same (but not necessarily so don't use the same ram) as my laptop takes the same DDR4-3200MHz at CL22 (look at your rams CAS# Latency (CL) in CPUz Memory section to find out) as that is important to match with your other ram. Also do the Crucial System Scan to fins out all the max and total ram that your Aspire 7 can take and the best ram modules. Also adding anothe r ram module will give you dual channel that is better for gamin, editing. Its a simple formula but remember thwart Aspire 7 laptops do not work with XPT or overclocked rams you need compatible ram like I've suggested above. good luck and hope this helps you out.

CPUz SPD timing details

CPUz RAM details 

CPUz Memory section details

• SahilShihab
    Are these rams compatible?