GX50-600 what CPU cooler can fit in my Desktop Nitro GX50-600

Toplinger
Toplinger Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Does anyone know what CPU cooler can fit in my Desktop Nitro GX50-600. I figured to change the stock cooler and reduce the temps and make PC more quiet. Any experience with would be helpful?

[ Edited the title to add content ] 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK, including the heatsink, then instead google search keywords acer community N50-600 cpu cooler. The first hit is a fellow who wanted to install the coolmaster 103 but didn't report back on how he made out. In threads like this, best to add a post to the original thread plus send a PM to the thread's OP to find out. As I recall, none of the possible aftermarket universal heatsink-fan combos was a simple drop-in due a non-standard mainboard attachment method.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Quieter fans have lower blade ptich angles and move less air per rpm. They will run hotter but quieter.
    Louder fans have higher blade pitch angles and move more air per rpm. They will run cooler.but louder.

It's a trade-off compromise. The stock fans are probably the best compromise.

Google search keywords acer community N50-600 fans for what other users have tried with varying results.

Jack E/NJ

• Toplinger

Tinkerer

Thanks for the answer, but it still haven't answer my question. The CPU cooling doesn't depend just on the fan, but even more depends on the cooler (aluminum-copper fins). And that was my question because im planning to put the non-stock cooler (arctic,CoolerMaster,Noctua,Bequiet,etc) with n
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    OK, including the heatsink, then instead google search keywords acer community N50-600 cpu cooler. The first hit is a fellow who wanted to install the coolmaster 103 but didn't report back on how he made out. In threads like this, best to add a post to the original thread plus send a PM to the thread's OP to find out. As I recall, none of the possible aftermarket universal heatsink-fan combos was a simple drop-in due a non-standard mainboard attachment method.

Jack E/NJ

• Toplinger

Tinkerer

Ok, thanks and that was actually helpful. I guess I have to open the PC and do some measurements of the mounting holes on the MB. There is no point searching the heatsink before that. Hopefully, finding the aftermarket heatsink and fans for blower type GTX1060 will be more straight forward than CPU heatsink. Thanks again and I will report on this topic. Regards 
  • JackE
    OK. Yes, please let us know how you make out one way or another if you decide to go with something.

Jack E/NJ