Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 low frames on all settings and low watts and temp on gpu

mdb7282
mdb7282 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Nitro Gaming
hi i brought this laptop on monday and the performance isnt running great i am only getting 40 fps on all settings on all games i have tried everything i have tried updating drivers and i even reset windows but i still getting the same results the specs are
Rtx 3070 100watts
Ryzen 7 5800h
2x8 16gb ram 3200mhz
1tb ssd

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Search 'power plan' in Windows start menu. Cleck edit power plan near top of menu. Click 'change advanced power settings'. Expand processor power mgt folder. Expand max processor state subfolder. Post screenshot of result.

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

It is nitro5 nitro AN515-45

and I’m currently running the power plan at high performance but I will try your recommendation 
  • JackE
    Nothing to try yet. Just post the screenshot of the advanced processor power mgt folder..

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

here is the screenshot
  • JackE
    Try this. Don't start heavy gaming loads until after battery is fully charged and plugged in.

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

i have just tried that but still have the problem
  • JackE
    edited July 2022
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg  /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Also, what resolution are you using?

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

here are the screenshots
  • mdb7282

Tinkerer

Also running at 1080p

• JackE
    What were you doing during the time period shown below? You probably would not get good performance during this time period because the battery is only about 50% charged or less.

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

I was just downloading games at that point the I let it go to 100% before I start playing 
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Expand batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all battery drivers that you find in the batteries folder. Then exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Then open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power button do' in left pane. Click 'change setttings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next  pane. Scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Then shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on. Then try gaming again after battery is fully charged and plugged in.

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

i have just tried it and waited for the battery to hit 100% but i still have the same problem. :(
  • JackE
    >>>i even reset windows >>>

Exactly how did you do this? Did you reset from Acer's hidden OEM factory reset partition using the ACER Care Center. Or from the Windows menu settings or Windows control panel?

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

I reset it through windows 
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable' near the top of the next pane. Scroll down and UNcheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Then shut down Windows normally.

With the laptop turned off, unplug charger. Then press and hold power button for about 10 seconds. Then plug charger back in. Wait till battery charge LED indicates full charge again. Then turn it back on and test gaming again.

If it still doesn't work, then we should do a ACER factory OEM Windows reset to rule in or rule out a hardware issue.

Jack E/NJ

• mdb7282

Tinkerer

Ok I have just done all that but still no luck this laptop is getting annoying 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>hi i brought this laptop on monday>>>

I suggest that you don't spend too much more time trying to chase down the problem. The reason is that, if the machine has a hardware problem, then it's best to return it to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks. After that warrranty repair service must be used which usually takes longer.

This is why I recommended an ACER factory OEM Windows reset to rule in or rule out a hardware issue as quickly as possible.

Jack E/NJ