Ram 8+16gb ram A715-42G.

Introxiety
Introxiety Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Can i Put 16gb ram 3200mhz Kingston to my laptop with 8gb of ram with same clockspeed and brand without encountering any problems in performance?

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Answer ✓
    Introxiety

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.          

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    @Introxiety just make sure that RAM doesn't have XMP enabled. Also, mention your laptop model number so that I can understand more about the compatibility.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Introxiety

Assuming the spec matched. You can get that 24GB total, but it is not as optimal performance like two identical 8GB RAM ( total 16 GB).
  • Introxiety

Tinkerer

Thank you for your reply @AnhEZ28, I will research about this XMP because I don't know what is and here's my model number A715-42G.
  • Introxiety

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    @ttttt Thank you sir for the reply, the reason why I want to buy 16gb is because I'm planning to make it 32gb in the future, is the performance noticeable if I go with 16gb+8gb instead of 2x8gb, like will my laptop temperature go higher or my laptop slow down something like that.
  • William_mk2
    Answer ✓
    Introxiety

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.          

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Introxiety

Like most people, I have not timed different process with a stopwatch to make comparison prior to and after the memory upgrade. With the dual channel memory optimal performance enabled, I'll say it is noticeably slightly faster but not significantly faster, because memory speed is very fast in general and usually not the bottleneck of the PC. I did not see any temperature difference before and after the memory upgrade for my laptop.

For your case, the best way is to use two 16GB modules to get the maximum capacity and optimal performance. Anyway, the original 8 GB will go to the trash can or put on reserve, or give it to a friend who wants to add 8 GB to the laptop.
  • Introxiety

Tinkerer

@William_mk2 Thanks for answering my question now I find what ram is compatible with my product so the part number matter i was planning to buy something that have different part number, Thank you again have a nice day.
  • Introxiety

Tinkerer

@ttttt I'm planning to sell it to buy another 16gb, I've seen some videos comparing the two and I think it's not that noticeable and they say that I will encounter a problem if ever I'm gonna use some heavy apps that's over 16gb, btw thank you sir again for answering my question have a nice day.
  • William_mk2
    Introxiety

You are Welcome!     

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★