CG437KS RGB light sense not detecting my monitor Any idea how to fix that ?

Cheekyme
Cheekyme Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Predator Monitors
Hello,
I have tried USB-B to A same as USB-C with the same result ' No supported device'. Any idea how to fix that ?

Kind Regards

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Cheekyme
    Cheekyme Member Posts: 2 New User
    Ps. I'm on windows 11
  • iphonik4
    iphonik4 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Did you manage to get it to work?
  • mhc
    mhc Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Same problem!! On TWO computers. So that's not the problem.
    I have changed the settings, light control to PC, etc.
    I see "USB billboard device" in device manager... but RGB light sense refuses to start.
  • iphonik4
    Such an expensive machine... What to do now.
  • mhc
    Tried a lot of things:
    - Acer display widget works.

Tried RGB light sense versions:
    - v1010 - No supported device
    - v1120 - Crashes, but feels like its closer to working.
    - v1160 - No supported device

Tried:
    USB 2/3
    USB B-A / C

• mhc
    iphonik4 said:
    Such an expensive machine... What to do now.
    I know right... It wasn't exactly cheap, I don't think it's too much to ask for this to work is it?!
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mhc
    Thank you for helping!
    Yeah I tried this version, 1010/1.1.1.0
    I haven't tried the version 1.1.4.0 though. But I also couldnt find a download for it.
    What kind of video do you want? Screen recording or... irl video so you can see screen and leds?
    Which version should i record?
  • mhc
    At this point I can only conclude that this monitor I have probably has a different controller that the app cannot detect.
    After all there's many hardware versions 2xDP/1xDP, ones with HDMI on the side etc...

I think it's going to need a patch.
  • iphonik4
    Version 1.1.1.0 not working for me either. Btw is it normal to have the option light sense greyed out (cannot be turned on) in the monitor's menu? The LED strips are connected and working (blue light)...
  • mhc
    iphonik4 said:
    Version 1.1.1.0 not working for me either. Btw is it normal to have the option light sense greyed out (cannot be turned on) in the monitor's menu? The LED strips are connected and working (blue light)...
    You mean picture->lightSense? 
    This is a different thing, I think. It's setting the screens brightness to auto depending on the light in the room. It is grayed out for me when I have HDR on.
  • iphonik4

mhc said:
    You mean picture->lightSense? 
    This is a different thing, I think. It's setting the screens brightness to auto depending on the light in the room. It is grayed out for me when I have HDR on.
    Thanks! Makes sense :smile:

• This model comes with a 2.1 hdmi port and a 1.4 dp port. Does the same problem occur when connecting the monitor to the computer's dp port?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mhc
    This model comes with a 2.1 hdmi port and a 1.4 dp port. Does the same problem occur when connecting the monitor to the computer's dp port?

Yeah it comes with 2 HDMI it would seem. Kinda sucks that theres no dual DP for 144hz... Anyway, I have only tried DP.

Yes, I have tried with both USB-C and usb-B-A. As you can see in my video, the hub works.
    I have tried this with all settings-combinations, like usb2/usb3.

Pretty sure either the program needs a patch, or recently shipped models of these are broken.
  • maherie
    maherie Member Posts: 1 New User
    July 2022 and there's still no response or actual solution to getting this to work.

Installing drivers, different software, following numerous, but often conflicting steps to get it working, but it doesn't

So far so it's clear for other users.

I've connected the funky-looking non-standard USB cable, from the monitor to a USB 3 port on my computer.
    I've changed the monitor set up in menu/system/ to "PC" (light turns on)
    but I can't get it to show in RGB light Sense, Armoury Crate, NZXT CAM.

What is going on - has anyone got this to work?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mhc
    Nothing, "windows has determined that the best driver is already being used". Do you know which, one(s) of the dozen devices this presents in device manager is for the RGB?

maherie said:
    July 2022 and there's still no response or actual solution to getting this to work.

Installing drivers, different software, following numerous, but often conflicting steps to get it working, but it doesn't

So far so it's clear for other users.

I've connected the funky-looking non-standard USB cable, from the monitor to a USB 3 port on my computer.
    I've changed the monitor set up in menu/system/ to "PC" (light turns on)
    but I can't get it to show in RGB light Sense, Armoury Crate, NZXT CAM.

What is going on - has anyone got this to work?
    Not working so far. Although that cable is standard usb-B 3.0
  • I will ask the moderators, if the CG437KS model supports the rgb feature in light sense!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer