Bios recovery spin5 sp515-51gn-89pu.

redgi
redgi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Would somebody be as kind to guide me to the proces of recovering the bios on acer spin5 sp515-51gn-89pu.

A update did not complete. And now the fan and lights go on and that is about it.

Thank you very much

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Comments

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    According to the forum rules, information and discussion about bíos recovery is not allowed here.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • redgi
    AnhEZ28 
    I got the fd file put on a stick. But nothing changes.
    Fans keeps spinning and keyboard lights are on.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @redgi do you see the BuzKL114.fd in the temp folder? Make sure it has the correct name. Turn the laptop off. Put the USB stick in, FN + ESC and press the power button. Wait about  1-2 mins.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • The ideal is to send it to a repair center, so that the bios can be rewritten. But try changing the bios name to Buzz-KBLX64.FD

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • redgi
    AnhEZ28  and @ egydiocoelho method. Still no dice.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited May 2022
    redgi said:
    AnhEZ28  and @ egydiocoelho method. Still no dice.

Easiest way for you to fix this bios problem is to replace the bios chip and to do that, you need to get an experienced tech who has the proper tools to change this chip for you, this chip is available on eBay, ask this retailer "biosdepot (31816" as he sells the bios chips for the ACER SPIN 5 range that are all The bios chip will be programmed with the latest bios revision released from the manufacturer of the motherboard. As giving you any instructions on how execute the “bios reflash utility” for this laptop process is not allowed on this forum unfortunately.