How to figure out why my Triton 500 PT515-52 is getting BSOD while in turbo mode

Mopartech21
Mopartech21 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2022 in Predator Laptops
Have had this laptop for about 6 months with zero problems, until today. While gaming I threw it in turbo mode and after about 10 seconds after it was turned on the BSOD came on . Has happened 3 times all at different loads. Would like some input on how to problem solve what is taking it down. I dont do a lot with it at all maybe game a few times a week.

(​//Edited the content to add model name)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Have had this laptop for about 6 months with zero problems, until today. While gaming I threw it in turbo mode and after about 10 seconds after it was turned on the BSOD came on . Has happened 3 times all at different loads. Would like some input on how to problem solve what is taking it down. I dont do a lot with it at all maybe game a few times a week.

What is the BSOD description/number that you are getting on the blue screen? As turbo mode comes on automatically and on demand and when needed, also how did you “threw it in turbo mode” as doing that is the reason why you are getting the BSOD as probably you are using wrong boost software that causes your BSOD.

• Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 is a combination of software and hardware that delivers more than 15% better single-threaded performance.1 2 3 Available on select Intel® Core™ X-series processor family for Intel® X299 platforms and Intel® Core™ i9 processors.
    • Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01 accelerates processor and graphics performance for peak loads, automatically allowing processor cores to run faster than the rated operating frequency if they’re operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits. Whether the processor enters into Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and the amount of time the processor spends in that state depends on the workload and operating environment.

Read the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 or the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and see the appropriate way to boost your cpu as doing and/or using any inappropriate software is why you are getting the BSOD all of a sudden.

• Mopartech21
    It just show blue screen and counts down from 10 and shuts off. I pressed the turbo button at the top of the laptop. I’m using the Predator software that came with the laptop nothing has been downloaded or changed. I believe it is the turbo boost max version
  • Mopartech21
    StevenGen said:

What is the BSOD description/number that you are getting on the blue screen? As turbo mode comes on automatically and on demand and when needed, also how did you “threw it in turbo mode” as doing that is the reason why you are getting the BSOD as probably you are using wrong boost software that causes your BSOD.

• Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 is a combination of software and hardware that delivers more than 15% better single-threaded performance.1 2 3 Available on select Intel® Core™ X-series processor family for Intel® X299 platforms and Intel® Core™ i9 processors.
    • Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.01 accelerates processor and graphics performance for peak loads, automatically allowing processor cores to run faster than the rated operating frequency if they’re operating below power, current, and temperature specification limits. Whether the processor enters into Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and the amount of time the processor spends in that state depends on the workload and operating environment.

Read the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 or the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and see the appropriate way to boost your cpu as doing and/or using any inappropriate software is why you are getting the BSOD all of a sudden.

It just show blue screen and counts down from 10 and shuts off. I pressed the turbo button at the top of the laptop. I’m using the Predator software that came with the laptop nothing has been downloaded or changed. I believe it is the turbo boost max version
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    StevenGen said:

Don’t use it and uninstall the “Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” completely and use your laptop default settings for CPU Turbo Boost as that is where your BSOD problems come from. I don’t know which Triton 500 model you have and which CPU you are using but this software is at best twitchy and really not the best for laptops as boosting CPU’s creates more heat which is the enemy of laptops as you cant cool them as well as desktops and hence causes BSOD’s, check your fans and heat module for the CPU/GPU and repase and clean vents and fans and also use a tablet cooler for better cooling! Also, uninstall the software and see if you are still getting BSOD’s after the uninstall? Also read this “What Is Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0? CPUs With Favored Cores Explained” to get a better guide.

• Mopartech21
    StevenGen said:
    StevenGen said:

Don’t use it and uninstall the “Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” completely and use your laptop default settings for CPU Turbo Boost as that is where your BSOD problems come from. I don’t know which Triton 500 model you have and which CPU you are using but this software is at best twitchy and really not the best for laptops as boosting CPU’s creates more heat which is the enemy of laptops as you cant cool them as well as desktops and hence causes BSOD’s, check your fans and heat module for the CPU/GPU and repase and clean vents and fans and also use a tablet cooler for better cooling! Also, uninstall the software and see if you are still getting BSOD’s after the uninstall? Also read this “What Is Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0? CPUs With Favored Cores Explained” to get a better guide.

My model number is PT515-52

I uninstalled the turbo Max 3.0 and am still getting BSOD. HOWEVER I GOT A CODE THIS TIME

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    What failed: nvlddmkm.sys 

from what I’ve read it sounds like the graphics card failing?