Where can I get another power cable like from the motherboard to DVD on my Aspire TC-1660-UA92

Privateer_nh
Privateer_nh Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I just got an Aspire TC-1660-UA92 - there is a cable that runs from the motherboard (a straight 6-pin) to the back of the CD/DVD player to supply power - it also has an extra SATA power plug. What would that cable be called and where can I get a second one? There is a place to plug in a second one. I'd like to add a couple internal hard drives and there is only a power plug for one. 

Thanks in advance,

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    50.VQED3.001 is the Acer part number... Try searching on that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    I am not positive, but I believe those six pin connectors are JST. JST has the pins at very close to the same spacing as the 0.100" Molex, but fits those white connectors better. Use a meter to figure out which pins are +5V, which are +12V and which are Ground. There are two of each on the connector, designed to drive the two SATA power connectors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    50.VQED3.001 is the Acer part number... Try searching on that.
  • Privateer_nh
    That is the one. Thank you, Billsey.
  • Privateer_nh
    Wow, pricy. I could make my own if I know what the white 6-pin end was called. Do you know, billsey?

Mike
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    I am not positive, but I believe those six pin connectors are JST. JST has the pins at very close to the same spacing as the 0.100" Molex, but fits those white connectors better. Use a meter to figure out which pins are +5V, which are +12V and which are Ground. There are two of each on the connector, designed to drive the two SATA power connectors.
  • Privateer_nh
    Thank you again, billsey. That looks right and I have the 50.VQED3.001 that came with the PC to copy. 
    Mike
  • billsey
    Let us know how well it works out... Maybe you can quit your day job and build more of them for everyone else. :)