Vrm overheating protection ph315-53

Blackhawklarry21
Blackhawklarry21 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Predator Laptops
This is going to be a short one, but I just want to know if the Acer predator Helios 300 (ph315-53) has decent Vrm overheating protection built into the board. There’s no sensors on the vrm so I don’t know if it’s overheating or not? I’m not experiencing any thermal throttling of any kind, but I just want to be sure that the vrms won’t cook themselves. 

Thank you for reading.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited December 2021
    This is going to be a short one, but I just want to know if the Acer predator Helios 300 (ph315-53) has decent Vrm overheating protection built into the board. There’s no sensors on the vrm so I don’t know if it’s overheating or not? I’m not experiencing any thermal throttling of any kind, but I just want to be sure that the vrms won’t cook themselves. 

Thank you for reading.

Of course your PH315-53 has a VRM as its a much-needed and essential component for both CPU and GPU as it is a vital component in order to avoid exceeding their maximum voltage capabilities.

PH315-53 motherboard, CPU and GPU VRM's

• Blackhawklarry21
    Blackhawklarry21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen said:

Thank you for reading.

Of course your PH315-53 has a VRM as its a much-needed and essential component for both CPU and GPU as it is a vital component in order to avoid exceeding their maximum voltage capabilities.

PH315-53 motherboard, CPU and GPU VRM's

Why are you circling out the screws in that picture, and the cpu and gpu text is the wrong way around. Are you taking the piss?