Acer Helios battery draining while connected and gaming Predator Helios 300

Aetius
Aetius Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi,

I already read a lot about Predator Helios 300 battery draining while charging and gaming. But I still don't understand why is it a "feature" and "normal" instead of a problem.

I mean, in my view such "draining while connected" reduces the gaming time by a good margin. And besides, the use my laptop while connected should be a option to keep battery power and NOT losing it.

So, please, I ask you some explanation on why Acer gaming computers have such a issue. I recently bought an Acer Helios and I admit my dismay to see the battery draining even with the power source connected.

Thanks any help

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Its due to the wattage of the included charger, if acer included a higher rated charger it would be able to supply all the juice it needs, but as its shy a few watts you see the drain. It shouldnt be going down tooooooo quickly though as its usually ony ~ 20 to 30 watts under

if you replaced it with a higher watt charger it wouldnt happen, but its a way acer saves a few £ on the lappys, it shouldnt have too much of an effect on the performance so they make the cut. Its not just acer who do it though, all the major vendors have a few laptops like that

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Its due to the wattage of the included charger, if acer included a higher rated charger it would be able to supply all the juice it needs, but as its shy a few watts you see the drain. It shouldnt be going down tooooooo quickly though as its usually ony ~ 20 to 30 watts under

if you replaced it with a higher watt charger it wouldnt happen, but its a way acer saves a few £ on the lappys, it shouldnt have too much of an effect on the performance so they make the cut. Its not just acer who do it though, all the major vendors have a few laptops like that