Temperature Spikes - Nitro AN515-45

Nfl777
Nfl777 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
So I just update my windows to windows 11 few days ago & Im using Nitro 5 Ryzen 5, suddenly after the update my pc temperature spikes to 60-70 during non-gameplay. It worries me alot. Can someone help? Should I revert it back to windows 10?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Comments

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Nfl777,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Nfl777
    edited October 2021
    Sure, Hello @Easwar

it's Nitro AN515-45, AMD Ryzen 5600H. Currently I have switched it back to windows 10 & the temperature is back to normal but I'm still wondering what's the issue as I would use the windows 11 back again if I could. Do I have to turn off the hdr maybe?
  • Easwar
    Hi @Nfl777,

Can you able to adjust the fan speed in nitro sense app.
  • Nfl777
    @Easwar yes I did. at max speed the temperature stays on 70. only for cpu, gpu is normal
  • Easwar
    Hi @Nfl777,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/highpoint-service-network

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/support

• Frodosynthesis
    Frodosynthesis Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    If you have Ryzen 5000 series, it's completely normal. Temperature spikes can occur even if you just open Mozilla or MS Word. During complete idleness, the CPU is on the base clock (and lower), the moment you start using it, the CPU boosts itself so that you don't have to wait. In a split second, it sends dozens of Amperes over a small die so that it can reach turbo boost speeds. So many amps can heat up transistors by 20+ degrees in less than 2 seconds.

If you want to disable turbo boost, go to Control Panel -> Power Options -> "Change Plan settings" (for the plan you use, Balanced or High performance....) -> Change advanced power settings -> Scroll to "Processor power management" -> set maximum processor state to 99%.

That will disable turbo boost and your CPU will run at max 60 degrees during the heaviest loads (but you will lose performance)

Ryzen 5000 series can handle 95C easily. Not that you should game 0/24 to keep the CPU at those temps, but for small bursts, 70 degrees watching a video is nothing.
    This is a laptop we're talking about. Much harder to keep cool and much easier to heat up.