Single Rank or Dual Rank memory - Acer Aspire 5 (A515-56-52SH)

Spartan5
Spartan5 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey I'm going to be upgrading a laptops RAM but I'm not sure what would be better, dual rank or single rank memory?
The laptop has 4gb soldered and 4gb swappable so not sure if I should go with dual rank since I can't remove the other.
This is an Acer Aspire 5 (A515-56-52SH)

//Edited the content to add model name.​

Answers

• Spartan5 said:
    Hey I'm going to be upgrading a laptops RAM but I'm not sure what would be better, dual rank or single rank memory?
    The laptop has 4gb soldered and 4gb swappable so not sure if I should go with dual rank since I can't remove the other.
    This is an Acer Aspire 5 (A515-56-52SH)
    Go to the Crucial System Scanner as that will give you all the RAM and SSD upgradable options for your laptop.
  • Spartan5

In your case you have only one slot left.   If the memory which is already present in your computer is single rank then buy the single rank memory.    If it is a dual rank memory then purchase a dual rank memory.      

Kindly go through the details from link given below:

https://www.minitool.com/news/single-rank-vs-dual-rank.html

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.   The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.   You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.     

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★