DTS audio processing not working - Acer Swift SF314-42

MuhidImranMuhidImran Member Posts: 6 New User
Hi, I recently reset my Acer Swift SF314-42 and the DTS audio processing app does not work anymore displaying the error message " DTS audio processing settings are unavailable as audio service connection lost"
Kindly offer solutions.

//Edited the content to add model name.​

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 19,529 Trailblazer
    I answered you on the other thread, with a bunch of questions... :) Did you install the DTS software after the reset?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MuhidImranMuhidImran Member Posts: 6 New User
    I think both the windows and acer reset, I did not install DTS audio processing after the reset it was already there however I uninstalled it and reinstalled it after I got to know it was not working.
    Plus there are no apparent error on the device manager.
    Did you install both DTS software files from the drivers page?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    Not at all.
    It would be appreciated if you give me the link for it.
    The link is different for different locales. In the US it's https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8263?b=1. You get there by going to the Acer site for your locale, then Support. Enter your model number (SF314-42) in the search box and then expand the Drivers section. At or near the bottom of the list will be both DTS installer files.

I have downloaded both the xperi drivers but dont know how to install them as there are a bunch of files in both of them.
    I am so confused I dont know what to do with the files. :(
    Both zip files have a single .cmd script file. Double click that and it should open a PowerShell or CMD window and do the install for you.