why does my Acer Aspire 3 keep crashing?

mickyt511
mickyt511 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
my acer keeps randomly crashing 2 or 3 times during the time i am using it.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    (1) How are you using it? Playing games? Too many tabs open in browsers.
    (2) Could you reveal your full ACER model number? It might help.

Jack E/NJ

• mickyt511
    acer aspire 3 keeps randomly crashing
  • JackE
    A315-42? A314-22? There are dozens of A3  models.

It sounds like it's overheating. How are you using it?

Jack E/NJ

• mickyt511
    my acer aspire sometimes crashes a few minutes after turning it on and other times randomly during my time online.When it crashes i turn it off then turn it on again and it works for maybe a few hours or less then crashes again.Very occasionally i get lucky and it not crashes so i think it not overheat
  • JackE
    >>>so i think it not overheat>>>

Did you actually measure CPU/GPU temperature with CPU temperature freeware?

Jack E/NJ

• mickyt511
    i not sure you understand my problem.Sometimes my acer crashes a few minutes after turning it on and other times may take a few hours so forget about temperatures because it not overheat after a few minutes turning it on or after a few hours of being on.It crashes randomly and there are many reasons why it crashes and i am trying to find out other reasons apart from overheating
  • JackE
    Perhaps you could reveal your full Aspire 3 model number. A315-42? A314-22? There are dozens of A3  models.

If the crash means randomly shutting off, some  A3 mainboards may have a safety interlock switch near the RAM sockets which might be the cause.

If the crash means randomly blue screening or freezing, then arguably the best and last-resort way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is a full erase-everything ACER OEM factory reset the from hidden reset partition. This is a rather drastic measure it you're reluctant to run diagnostic freeware that might identify more common causes for BSOD and freezing behavior.

Jack E/NJ

• Milio
    Milio Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2023

I have a problem with internet network that keeps repeating... Sometimes the computer just disconnects from all networks and the interface makes the "internet options" window disappear, both from the quickbar and from the preferences. There's no way to connect it back in anyway and it can last hours. Does not appear to happen in any particular situation... I have an A315-58

• JackE

Milio

This thread is over a year old. You have a different problem than crashing. For more attention, please start your own new thread by clicking on the green ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ