boot mode - aspire a515-51g-577p

warpking
warpking Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops

I mistakenly changed the boot mode option and after that all my boot options were disabled and my operating system stopped working

And it shows me this message

my loptop model aspire a515-51g-577p

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) Did you also try to install another operating system on the boot drive by mistake?
    (2) What boot mode did you mistakenly choose? AHCI? Optane? Raid? Legacy BIOS?
    (3) Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab so we can take a better look at the boot drive.

Jack E/NJ

• warpking
    warpking Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2021
    JackE said:
    (1) Did you also try to install another operating system on the boot drive by mistake?
    (2) What boot mode did you mistakenly choose? AHCI? Optane? Raid? Legacy BIOS?
    (3) Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab so we can take a better look at the boot drive.
    hi
    1 no

&

&

&

//Edited the content to hide serial number.​    ​
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What boot mode did you mistakenly choose? AHCI? Optane? Raid? Legacy BIOS?

What was the original boot mode?

If you don't know, go back into the BIOS menu. Press F9 to load defaults. Then press F10 to save and exit BIOS defaults. Then cross your fingers and hope it boots again.

I

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @warpking,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password​​

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. 
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,527 Pathfinder
    This happened to me too, the default SATA mode for Aspire5 is RST-Optane, when that mode is changed to AHCI later it may corrupt the UEFI boot sector that results in the "No Bootable Device" prompt. I ended up turning in my laptop to Acer Services who reformatted my HDD (no SSD) and reinstalled all Acer drivers, UEFI and Windows10 free of charge. Never touched my BIOS setting after that and never had any booting issues (12 months now).