Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops
2 days ago I started getting screen flickering issue in my laptop
My System Specifications-
Processor: Intel i5 gen 8
Laptop version: Predator Helios 300
Intel(R) UHD graphics 630
NVIDIA GEFORCE 1050ti

I tried rolling back both display adapters drivers and updating them.
Can anyone help me find the root cause and whether it is a hardware issue or a software issue that'll be of great help. Also I think this is a NVIDIA software issue.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Hi! What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Does the pink screen also appear in the bios? Because if the pink screen also appears in the bios, it could indicate a hardware problem.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Phoenix017
    Phoenix017 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi! What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Does the pink screen also appear in the bios? Because if the pink screen also appears in the bios, it could indicate a hardware problem.

Predator PH315-51 
    Yes the screen fluctuation also appear in bios, but it does appear and reappear (more like blinking). When I start the laptop it is not there for 20-30 minutes after that the time keep on reducing of these blinking/fluctuation/flickering.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Phoenix017 best case scenario would be just a software issue or might just be a loose edp cable on either end or worst case scenario the display itself could be faulty but as u said you have the issue in the bios so i would point to a hardware issue as i said cable or display so you need to open it and check if the cable its not damaged in any way unplug it and re-plug it on both ends display and mobo if the issue persists would most probably be the display that needs to be replaced but i would probably go for a new edp cable first  as to see if your cable its faulty as its way cheaper than getting a display  and only after i would rule out the cable i would get a display good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• xapim said:
    Phoenix017 best case scenario would be just a software issue or might just be a loose edp cable on either end or worst case scenario the display itself could be faulty but as u said you have the issue in the bios so i would point to a hardware issue as i said cable or display so you need to open it and check if the cable its not damaged in any way unplug it and re-plug it on both ends display and mobo if the issue persists would most probably be the display that needs to be replaced but i would probably go for a new edp cable first  as to see if your cable its faulty as its way cheaper than getting a display  and only after i would rule out the cable i would get a display good luck :)
    I agree with my friend xapim. These videos can help you. Always disconnect the lithium battery and wear an anti-static wristiband.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Phoenix017
    Phoenix017 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thanks everyone for the help, turns out that the display was faulty and I got it replaced. 
  • ZoNeldaLoNife
    ZoNeldaLoNife Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello did u check edp cable or just got a new screen . I have the same issue.