camera not working predator g3-572-58m1

pranav12
pranav12 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2022 in Predator Laptops
the driver which is getting installed is usb boot,but when i checked in other predators i saw that the driver used was HDWebcam.when i viewed the hidden drivers i saw that i have 2 camera drivers.the one which works is unplugged.i just want to know how to plug the driver which makes my webcam work please help.when i use usb boot for camera this error comes and i m not able to switch between them.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hello!!

@pranav12

I understand that you are experiencing Camera issue. In order to isolate the issue, I would like to know few information. 

1. Are you getting the error message "Something went wrong", while trying to access laptop's in-built camera?

a) If "Yes" to above question, please share the image of "Device Manager"... with no other external devices  plugged in, mainly camera. 

2. Are you trying to access the laptop's in-built camera, when you have the USB camera plugged in? 

Awaiting for your response!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited September 2021
    @pranav12

On the device manager 

Right click on hd webcam - uninstall
    Right click on usb boot - uninstall

If you are using any external usb camera please unplug it. 

Restart the computer.   It will automatically install the drivers.

If it is still not working, right click on usb boot - disable it.   Restart the computer and it should work fine

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @pranav12
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    @pranav12 all manufacturer built in webcam drivers are windows default built in there arent any drivers available so if youre having issues completely remove all the webcam drivers you see also you shouldnt have usb boot just i device showing hd something as webcam see below also i can see your hd webcam drives its disabled in your device manager thats why its not working as i said remove all drivers and let it reinstall if still installing as usb boot force manually change/install the driver to hd webcam in the driver properties 

as u can see this driver its from 2006 still coming from win7 and xp

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited September 2021
    Hi @pranav12,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• pranav12
    Easwar said:
    Hi @pranav12,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

Yes predator g3-572-58m1
  • pranav12
    Balatekie said:
    Hello!!

@pranav12

I understand that you are experiencing Camera issue. In order to isolate the issue, I would like to know few information. 

1. Are you getting the error message "Something went wrong", while trying to access laptop's in-built camera?

a) If "Yes" to above question, please share the image of "Device Manager"... with no other external devices  plugged in, mainly camera. 

2. Are you trying to access the laptop's in-built camera, when you have the USB camera plugged in? 

Awaiting for your response!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
    I dont have a usn camera plugged in actually only inbuilt
  • pranav12
    xapim said:
    @pranav12 all manufacturer built in webcam drivers are windows default built in there arent any drivers available so if youre having issues completely remove all the webcam drivers you see also you shouldnt have usb boot just i device showing hd something as webcam see below also i can see your hd webcam drives its disabled in your device manager thats why its not working as i said remove all drivers and let it reinstall if still installing as usb boot force manually change/install the driver to hd webcam in the driver properties 

as u can see this driver its from 2006 still coming from win7 and xp

I will try this and let you know