predator 300 G3-571 Can I disconnect the fans for cleaning?

speedykiller199
speedykiller199 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi guys, I want to change the thermal paste and clean the fans. Is it OK  to disconnect the fans for cleaning? Because i am worried the fans won't work as intended before or predator sense wont detect or read it. And I hope i get an advice from someone who did that and thanks......

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Batareika007
    Batareika007 Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

as I said, you can disconnect them, just be very accurate when you doing it.
    they will work if you don't damage them on cleaning ;)

Answers

• Batareika007

Give us your model to help, you can also remove the back panel and take a picture of your mother board.

the fans will work correctly, you just need to do all action very neat, connectors are very fragile.

first you need to shut down laptop, disconnect battery and then remove all screws from head sink and so on...
    you can watch some videos on youtube for your model, I had PH315-53 and I open it like 20 times lol, I did make some research how to decrease the hot...
    you need to know that it will cancel your warranty

• speedykiller199

Tinkerer

My acer laptop is acer predator 300 G3-571. I have seen videos but most of then just disconnect the heat sink and change the thermal paste. Is it okay to disconnet the fans and clean them? Because i am worried they wont work or predator sense wont detect them? Also i have used this laptop for about 4 years.....
  • Batareika007
    Answer ✓

as I said, you can disconnect them, just be very accurate when you doing it.
    they will work if you don't damage them on cleaning ;)
  • speedykiller199

Tinkerer

Thanks man ;)