can I add this screen to my Acer Aspire v17 nitro

jetzmet
jetzmet Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
hello experts  ;)

can anyone help me to find out if I add this screen to my laptop? I have an Acer Aspire v17 nitro
the graphic card is: GeFORCE. GTX1050TI

Samsung Odyssey G5 34" ultrawide
WQHD, 165Hz, !ms, HDMI, Display port, free sync premium
3,440 x 1,440 resolution
https://www.samsung.com/br/monitors/gaming/odyssey-g5-34-inch-165hz-curved-ultra-wqhd-lc34g55twwlxzd/
thanks guys! =)

Answers

• jetzmet
    if not, is it possible to put another graphic card into this computer and it will work?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Yes, it should work but only guaranteed on these monitors at the resolutions and refresh rates shown. I think you can expect 60Hz at 3440x1440. Unlike desktop gpu adaptersm  you cannot change laptop GPU adapters since they are in the form of a chip soldered to the mainboard, not a replaceable card.

Jack E/NJ

• jetzmet
    hi jack- thank you so much! I am not a gamer, but need the ultra wide screen for stock market trading, so I guess it can work- thank you!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    >>>I am not a gamer, but need the ultra wide screen for stock market trading, so I guess it can work>>>

Trading goes pretty fast these days. Microwave antenna repeaters dedicated to trading between major exchanges assures near lightspeed transactions. About 10-20 times faster than fastest crop of 5G networks. Pretty scarey if you're not on the microwave network, So yes, even the slowest ultra wide monitor on the market nowadays should help you to see better what's coming at you in the fastest blink of an eye.   :)

Jack E/NJ