Aspire V 15 V3-572PG-50S1 TPM 2.0 for windows 11?

ZoGGy
ZoGGy Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Windows 11
Does anyone know if my Aspire V 15 V3-572PG-50S1 has the ability to turn on TPM 2.0 for windows 11? It failed the Windows Health Check and says I cant run it

Thanks!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Windows 11 are now requiring at least 8th gen Intel CPU so yours might not be compatible. You will have to wait until the official build. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    ZoGGy said:
    Does anyone know if my Aspire V 15 V3-572PG-50S1 has the ability to turn on TPM 2.0 for windows 11? It failed the Windows Health Check and says I cant run it

Thanks!

Its a simple process, to check if you have the TPM chip or if TPM is active on Windows 10 or your computer do this:

•  Open a PowerShell session As administrator
    •  Then enter the following command: get-tpm 
    If you get the "False" on TpmReady it means that you have the TPM chip on my motherboard but will have to 'enable it in BIOS before you can use it.

If you see the "False” on TpmPresent, then you don’t have the TPM chip on the motherboard.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    No, your Aspire V3-572PG doesn't have a TPM chip... It's too old to have had one in the design. See if MS clarifies minimum CPU requirements before buying a TPM module for your USB port. Currently they are saying your CPU is too old as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zak518
    Zak518 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi there, i am new here and just wanted to know where to buy a acer aspire v3-572pg motherboard ?

Many thanks and have a great day ( I am in Australia) 
  • Zak518
    Zak518 Member Posts: 2 New User
    wanting to buy a 

Aspire V3-572PG motherboard, can any one help ?

Cheers
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    There are four different motherboards for the Aspire V3-572PG models. They differ by the CPU installed. Here are Acer's part numbers:

Some searching for the correct number should find if there are any available to your locale, though I would expect you will only find one on the secondary used market, and even then it might not be cost effective to replace.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tnovello21
    Tnovello21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a Aspire V3-572pg and first you need to download the official Windows 11 iso from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/Windows11 

Then you need to do what it says here and use the rufus instructions: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/bypass-windows-11-tpm-requirement

After making your bootable media, restart your laptop and boot to the USB. TMP and CPU check will be bypassed. 

Once windows 11 has been installed and after you run your updates, go to the official acer drivers site and change the option to windows 8.1 drivers, download and install the management engine (me) and  the serial IO drivers. Should be good to go. Worked for me anyway. Good luck!