Helios 300 (PH315-51-51V7) shut down after starting any game

yad2411yad2411 Member Posts: 10 New User
My Laptop shuts down without any warning when I start the game and doesn't turn on or take power from the charger. I have disconnect the battery to star it again. If anyone has any solution please help.

FAQ & Answers

• EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,617
    Hi yad2411,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • yad2411yad2411 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi yad2411,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.

No after the unexpected shutdown I don't get any light indication, to turn on the unit again I have to disconnect the battery by pin hole button first only after that I can tur on the unit.
  • yad2411yad2411 Member Posts: 10 New User
    guys my problem was sort of solved. Turns out it was my gpu(gtx 1050 ti) that was causing the problems, when it ran above 950mV it would crash, i don't know why it started doing but that's what it is doing now. It would run the game for a small time 2-3 minutes and then shut down the laptop. My brother helped my apply a clock/ voltage limit on it by using msi afterburner, it is running on 999mhz or 1Ghz whatever the unit is and voltage is 700mV. Their is a bit of performance issue but the games do run, I mostly play indie games and rarely play AAA titles so its kinda of bummer but i'm trying make it work. Anyway hope this helps. Oh and if any of you have any idea what might be causing this gpu problem on my system please tell. It just started happening 3 days ago without any notable reason. I was just browsing the net and minimized a game in the background and then BAM my system turned off.