Laptop screen turns black randomly but keyboard, audio, programs keep running [1b8] PH317-53

ButterknifeX
ButterknifeX Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
Writing this because I wasn't able to find solutions in any forum online. I have a Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 which I bought around June of 2020.
Problem: Laptop screen turns off / No display / Black Screen with responsive programs, keyboard and audio
What I have done to resolve the problem:
1. Checked Screen Brightness levels and the F9 and F10 keys - normal
2. Tried the Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B Button sequence whenever a black screen occurs to no avail
3. Windows Defender is running smoothly with no third party antivirus software installed and no adware, malware, viruses detected.
4. I have checked my external adapter and plug - normal
5. Windows is updated to Windows 10 20H2 and no further updates available.
6. Nvidia geforce latest driver updated to 466.11
7. Intel UHD 630 driver updated and rollbacked once, then updated to 27.20.100.9316
8. I have used third party software Driver Easy Pro to update all possible drivers for the laptop.
After going through various forums online, I have even tried changing my Power and Battery advanced settings to Turn Hard disk off (Never) and PCI Express>Link state power management on both battery and Plugged in states as OFF, to no avail.
During above mentioned black screen events, I have tried to turn and restart the laptop multiple times and tried some button sequences such as windows+P etc, the only thing that seems to work only half the time is the button sequence for the BIOS screen>  F2 spam followed by F9 Enter and F10 Enter, or the alt+f10 sequence.
11. H
ave even used sfc/ scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and have verified the corruptions it presented but still no resolution.
12. Have even checked the hard drive for errors - normal
Have used the Windows reliability Monitor and Event viewer to find the following common occurrences during the black screen events namely LiveKernelEvent Codes 1a8 and 1b8 Hardware error and Kernel-Power 41 errors in the system.
14. Have tried the long press power button battery drain method to no avail as well.
The problem first started around the end of march, 2021.
What I have not tried:
>Resetting the system or a system restore because of the following error code 0x81000203 which is leading me to not have a system backup, and would lead me to creating a manual copying and pasting of files from one drive to an external HDD>> to resolve this system restore error of Shadow Copy Service not working I have tried many possible solutions without solution such as rededit, system repair third party software etc.
>Getting the windows automatic repair screen to trigger on continuous shutdowns, it doesn't trigger for me even if it does, I can not see it I only know it has triggered if the keyboard light changes colour.
>I also don't have an extra monitor or an HDMI cable so it is not possible for me to test my hardware components.
>I am far away from an authorised acer care center.

Is there any solution that doesn't revolve around warranty period discussions?
Asked this question due to the paucity of data on this "1b8" error.

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎22-‎04-‎2021 19:51

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 1b8
Parameter 1: 1
Parameter 2: 0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.100
Locale ID: 16393

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: LKD_0x1B8_Intel_Blackscreen_Blackbox_Legacy_dxgkrnl!DxgCreateLiveDumpWithDriverBlob
Server information: b05b1d8e-94f7-485a-a82f-ff7d097a0afa

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Does this problem occur only when running a game or any program in full screen? Have you checked if windows has programmed to turn off the display, in the power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ButterknifeX
    ButterknifeX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does this problem occur only when running a game or any program in full screen? Have you checked if windows has programmed to turn off the display, in the power options?
    The problem used to occur rarely while playing AAA games but is not limited to them. Screen now turns off randomly even if no programs are running or during watching a movie or browsing the internet, or even if the windows login screen is open or even when the predator boot screen appears.
  • The reliability history and the event viewer, record any errors at the exact time that the screen goes black?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ButterknifeX,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • baas
    baas Member Posts: 1 New User

Will this ever be fixed??

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer