Sound problem Nitro 5 AN 515-44

grim25
grim25 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi everyone! I have bought a brand new laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN 515-44 and I'm really disappointed. I have installed all drivers from acer website( it includes the newest version of BIOS too) and updated my laptop by running all Windows 10 updates. The problem is when I plug in my headphones the quality of sound is awful and I am able to hear hissing, even when I am not watching video. My headphones have good condition. I tested them with my second Acer Nitro AN 515-42, everything works fine there. I tried to reinstall the drivers a few times, but nothing helped me. I hope somebody of you can help me solve this issue, cause it's really vital for me to have a good sound. Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• grim25
    grim25 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I want to add that the sound is enormously low even with DTS Utility ( in comparison, my acer nitro an 515-42 has Dolby installed, so everything sounds perfect. In addition, my friend also has acer nitro, but the model is different. He has this issue too. He said that when he plug in HDMI cable it works fine. I have no clue why.