When my computer starts goes into a recovery mode, how can I fix that? - Aspire F5-573G

RadoFF123
RadoFF123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Recently I brought my Acer Aspire F5-573G to a computer service office. The battery of laptop could not run more than 20 if it is not plugged into the socket. Along with replacing the old battery I asked the guys in the shop to also put a new SSD, so the computer could run a bit faster. So basically they took away the old kingston 96GB SSD, the laptop came out of the box with that SSD, it also has 1TB of HDD. The new SSD is again Kingston but 500GB. Since the begging I would install Windows 10 on the SSD, I did install the OS on the new SSD again. The problem that I am experiencing is that whenever I shut down the computer and then turn it on, instead of booting Windows 10 it boots(enters) in some recovery screen. When the computer boots into that recovery mode, I press Esc which brings be to some BIOS menu, there I press Esc again. After the second press of Esc a message pops up asking: "Do you want to continue without keeping the changes"(or something similar), the possible choices are "Yes" and "No". I choose "Yes" and then the computer starts booting Windows 10. Could you help me set up the computer to boot Windows 10 instantly when I start the computer?

//​​​Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Try setting & saving a BIOS supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS with the password and disable secure boot. Then change  the boot order in the BOOT tab to the SSD as first if it's listed along with other boot device options. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• RadoFF123
    RadoFF123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you! I will try that. I thought it is weird that when starting the computer I press to F12 to go the BIOS and there usually it lists all the possible devices to boot OS, in the list I have the only possible choice I have is the HDD. Few days ago when I was preparing to install Windows the second the device on that list was the Windows installation flash drive.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    >>>old kingston 96GB SSD,>>>

That was a pretty small SSD. I guess It's also possible that the old hidden EFI partition file that the BIOS looks for, might've been on the mechanical drive in your old setup. So the BIOS may now be confused if the old file still on the mechanical drive. So temporarily disconnecting the 1TB mechanical drive might then allow the new SSD to boot normally. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ