After 2.4 years of using my PC, never seen this before.. EVA. - Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-728J

TF21045
TF21045 Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Sooo my sister encountered this LED going purple.
and I was thinking that maybe we fried the battery controller due to using it while charging :joy:
so I researched the "acer purple LED problem" and sure enough, someone encountered this too and their PC doesn't boot, charger going weak etc..
Here's the image of it:

Is this n-normal??
Oh and when I move my head fast or move the PC up and down slowly (it's fine, it's an SSD and it's not gonna break xD), I see that the orange and blue LEDs switching like 60 times a second...

​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    @TF21045
    Try the below step and check 
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    TF21045
    Please provide the model number of the unit. as you said it can be a battery or power related issue.  if possible remove the battery and check without the battery, also try the below steps.
    go to Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that currently are unavailable'. also uncheck the box  for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • TF21045
    christy1 said:
    TF21045
    Please provide the model number of the unit. as you said it can be a battery or power related issue.  if possible remove the battery and check without the battery, also try the below steps.
    go to Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that currently are unavailable'. also uncheck the box  for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally.
    Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-728J
  • TF21045
    Before my PC returns to my sis, I tried the reset pinhole and no dies..