Aver Travelmate Model A4DBH SNID XXX Mfg date 2015

BarbF
BarbF Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hi. Laptop was charging intermittently then stopped charging at all. Have had new battery and socket replaced professionally but still no better. Any ideas please?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Likely the charger itself if the battery and DC-In socket have been replaced... I would have thought they would have checked that though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    BarbF
    is the charger connector fine or is it charging on certain position. 
     Laptop DC Jack Repair Service - ibuy Cyprus

Try to reinstall the drivers. in device manager. hit uninstall and restart the unit. dont delete the drivers. How To Fix Laptop Battery Plugged In Not Charging in Windows 10 -  MyFixGuidecom
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • BarbF
    Thanks for the hint about the charger but it tested OK and another charger tried but didn't resolve the problem. Thinking it must be something major in the motherboard maybe. 
  • christy1
    BarbF said:
    Thanks for the hint about the charger but it tested OK and another charger tried but didn't resolve the problem. Thinking it must be something major in the motherboard maybe. 
    Check again with the same tech where you changed it. i dont think its the mainboard. 
  • BarbF said:
    Hi. Laptop was charging intermittently then stopped charging at all. Have had new battery and socket replaced professionally but still no better. Any ideas please?
    Try a battery calibration, look at this guide "How to Calibrate Your Laptop Battery" see if that helpd you. 
  • BarbF
    Sadly unable to charge fully (or at all!) presently but if I do manage to get a full charge I will try this. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • BarbF
    christy1 said:
    BarbF

Try to reinstall the drivers. in device manager. hit uninstall and restart the unit. dont delete the drivers. How To Fix Laptop Battery Plugged In Not Charging in Windows 10 -  MyFixGuidecom
    Sadly no effect but thanks for ideas!!

• christy1
    BarbF said:
    christy1 said:
    BarbF

Sadly no effect but thanks for ideas!!

faulty hardware. check with same tech so it can be cost consuming. 
  • BarbF
    It sounds as if the time spent in tracing the fault would not be cost effective.  Maybe its time to give up on it, thanks for your input. 
  • christy1
    BarbF said:
    It sounds as if the time spent in tracing the fault would not be cost effective.  Maybe its time to give up on it, thanks for your input. 
    sad. but atleast hope you got some info. Stay safe.