Benefiting from warranty in case of shopping from abroad SF314-42-R3U5

Heliotrope
Heliotrope Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi, I'm currently residing in Turkey and I'd like to buy a laptop from Amazon.com. I learned from my local Acer service that I don't get to benefit from warranty in my country. What I wonder is if I'll have international warranty. It'll be my first time purchasing something that expensive from abroad and I'm kinda worried! I'm not buying it from a reseller, by the way.

Sorry if this has been asked to death. Thank you for your kind replies in advance.

P.s. I e-mailed warrantyquestions@amazon.com twice about the situation but I got no replies.

Here is the laptop I'm thinking of buying:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Octa-Core-Processor-Fingerprint-SF314-42-R3U5/dp/B08HPDMGCT/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=acer+swift+3&qid=1611146201&sr=8-5

Comments

• PCraft
    PCraft Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

If you bought it online, contact the vendor you bought it from. If there is no response, then secure your receipt and email Acer instead. Lets pray that is under global warranty and you will be sending it directly to them if you are lucky. Worst case scenario, which is way better on time and effort is seek a third party repair service who does good job since you will be expecting to pay extravagant shipping cost should you send it abroad, not to mention the time frame to send, validate and receive the unit will take at least 3 months. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Warranties are handled differently in different countries, so the answer to your question is likely to be specific to your situation. I would expect the worst case would be that to get a warranty repair you would have to ship the laptop to the USA if you buy it from a US vendor. I gather that a similarly equipped model isn't sold in Turkey?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.