Laptop heating acer aspire 3

Fadhil20
Fadhil20 Member Posts: 27

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I brought a acer aspire 3 two days ago and I realized that the temps are too high. Is has a i5-1035G1 processor and a MX330 GPU. In idle the temps spike over 60C° but didn't stay in that temps it comes down, and it's always around 37C° - 45C°. When under heavy loads it goes above and beyond 85C°. Even in power saving mode it spikes to 60C°(Sometimes but comes down to 37-45C°). What could be the reason? Or is it normal

Best Answer

• Jason_Bourne
    Jason_Bourne Member Posts: 113 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Fadhil20 said:
    Fadhil20 said:
    Jason_Bourne said:
    Fadhil20 said:
    I brought a acer aspire 3 two days ago and I realized that the temps are too high. Is has a i5-1035G1 processor and a MX330 GPU. In idle the temps spike over 60C° but didn't stay in that temps it comes down, and it's always around 37C° - 45C°. When under heavy loads it goes above and beyond 85C°. Even in power saving mode it spikes to 60C°(Sometimes but comes down to 37-45C°). What could be the reason? Or is it normal

Here are the temp stats of my aspire 5 i5-8250U processor and MX150 GPU

As you can see, when the load is less than 10%, (idling), the temperature is 35°C - 40°C and at around 70% CPU load the temps jump up to 60°C - Very similar to the behavior you've described. It has been this way since I bought the laptop brand new two years ago, So it stands to reason that this is the normal temperature range for aspire laptops.

What about when you game?
    Maximum temperature observed is 90°C
    So doesn't your CPU thermal throttle???
    Nope, I've never experienced thermal throttling.
    AFAIK thermal throttling applies at 100°C and complete shutdown occurs at 105°C

Answers

• Jason_Bourne
    edited December 2020
    Fadhil20 said:

As you can see, when the load is less than 10%, (idling), the temperature is 35
    °C - 40°C and at around 70% CPU load the temps jump up to 60°C - Very similar to the behavior you've described. It has been this way since I bought the laptop brand new two years ago, So it stands to reason that this is the normal temperature range for aspire laptops.

• Fadhil20

Tinkerer

Jason_Bourne said:
    Fadhil20 said:

As you can see, when the load is less than 10%, (idling), the temperature is 35°C - 40°C and at around 70% CPU load the temps jump up to 60°C - Very similar to the behavior you've described. It has been this way since I bought the laptop brand new two years ago, So it stands to reason that this is the normal temperature range for aspire laptops.

• Jason_Bourne
    Fadhil20 said:
    Jason_Bourne said:
    Fadhil20 said:

• Fadhil20

Tinkerer

So is it safe even it's I'm 90C°, doesn't the cpu thermal throttle. 
  • Fadhil20

Tinkerer

Fadhil20 said:
    Jason_Bourne said:
    Fadhil20 said:

• Jason_Bourne
    Answer ✓
    Fadhil20 said:
    Fadhil20 said:
    Jason_Bourne said:
    Fadhil20 said:

Nope, I've never experienced thermal throttling.
    AFAIK thermal throttling applies at 100°C and complete shutdown occurs at 105°C