reviewed the Acer Swift 5
and gave it a 4-star rating and a “Recommended Product” award.
The review commended the Swift 5 for its performance, portable design, build quality and keyboard/touchpad.
Acer Swift 5 had many of its design commented as the light weight, around1 kg(1), and the incredible 90% screen-to-body ratio, as well the the 14-inch (1) display At 340 nits brightness (1).
Smarter access and total connectivity:
- Wi-Fi 6: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (GIG+) (802.11ax) provides some of the fastest speeds / connections currently available with lower latency and improved security.
- MU-MIMO: MU-MIMO can handle multiple wireless devices at once with faster speeds and is 3 X faster than single-user MIMO.
- USB-C™: A single connector can be used for ultra-quick data transfer, video streaming, and battery charging/power.
- Embedded Fingerprint Reader: An embedded fingerprint reader is a quick and secure way for Windows Hello to verify your identity without a password.
- Wake On Voice (WoV): Activate and query Windows 10 when the screen is off. Interact with Cortana when in Modern Standby mode.
- Cortana: Microsoft's Intelligent Personal Digital Assistant, helps you stay on time for tasks and meeting schedules and syncs with multiple devices.
“In short, the Swift 5 shows off what Tiger Lake can do, at least compared to the previous version of Intel’s CPUs. It’s very fast in real-world use, and I certainly noticed no slowdowns no matter what I threw at it during my review.” - Mark Coppock - Digital Trends
Tough, Color-Rich Glass
The 14-inch Full HD IPS display is also a touchscreen, covered in highly durable Antimicrobial Corning® Gorilla® Glass. At 340 nits brightness and a 100% sRGB gamut, colors are vivid and screen space is plentiful with the narrow-bezel design also offering up an impressive 90% screen-to-body ratio.
Strong, Silent Type
Maximize on every task with the latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor, up to 1TB of high-speed PCIe SSD storage. Multiple cooling modes, accessible via shortcut Fn + F, also make it easy to tailor the laptop noise to the ambience of where you’re working from. Dual heat pipes and the hinge, which lifts the device when the screen is opened, further enhance the laptop’s performance.
Spending all-day on the move requires a large battery, and at 56Wh it’s capable of lasting for up to 17 hours. In cases of emergency it can also be fast charged to provide 4-hours of use for just 30 minutes charge-time.
Light. Modern. Thin
This powerful notebook, at around 1kg, includes a chassis made from high-grade magnesium-lithium and magnesium-aluminum – allowing it to reach an incredible 14.95 mm thinness. And, with multiple colors such as Mist Green and Safari Gold, you can tailor the look perfectly to your taste.
1. Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
2. Battery life varies depending on product configuration, power settings and usage, among other factors. Please visit www.acer.com.
3. “Use” refers to video playback and “charge-time” refers to the laptop being switched off during charging.