AN515-51: Acer Nitro 5 wont turn on

Khultan
Khultan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a problem. My laptop doesn't want to turn on. I  played tekken 7 and 1 hour ago and as I was playing I felt like something was burning and after a few seconds it turned off. It can't be turned on, even if I plug in the charger. Can anyone advise me on what the problem is? Can anyone advise me on what the problem is?

[Edited the topic title to include model's name]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If it were only overheating once it cooled back off it would turn back on. Which model of Nitro 5 do you have? With the charger plugged in do you get the full battery indication? Do you get any lights at all? When you try to turn it on can you hear a fan spin up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Lucas2535
    Lucas2535 Member Posts: 8 New User
    that probably more of a thing you would have to take in somewhere to be looked at, your fans might have stop working and your pc over heated or something

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    If it were only overheating once it cooled back off it would turn back on. Which model of Nitro 5 do you have? With the charger plugged in do you get the full battery indication? Do you get any lights at all? When you try to turn it on can you hear a fan spin up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Khultan
    Khultan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a  model acer nitro 5 an515-51. "With the charger plugged in do you get the full battery indication?" before it worked.. But not now.
    "When you try to turn it on can you hear a fan spin up?" No. 
  • billsey
    It sounds like your best bet is to contact Acer support, assuming it's still in warranty. :(