Upgrade CPU cooling and warranty Predator Orion 3000 P03-620

KenCHeung
KenCHeung Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I have recently bought a Predator Orion 3000 P03-620 from Curry's. However, I just found out when I was gaming my CPU temp had reached up to 98-100 degree C (according to PredatorSense). I am just wondering if I upgrade my intel cpu fan to liquid cooling or whatever fan will void my warranty? Thanks.

Spec:
CPU: i7-10700
GPU: RTX 2060
RAM: 16GB

Best Answer

• Frenzy4
    Frenzy4 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    It probably would void it if you sent it in like that, but if something happens just swap it back to the intel cooler it came with and send it in that way. There is no way of knowing you switched out CPU coolers lol.

Which cooler are you going to get? I switched to a NH-D9L and its good, but I think I couldve gone for a little bit bigger cooler, I never measured and just went off of what someone on here said he got.

Answers

• Frenzy4
    Frenzy4 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    It probably would void it if you sent it in like that, but if something happens just swap it back to the intel cooler it came with and send it in that way. There is no way of knowing you switched out CPU coolers lol.

Which cooler are you going to get? I switched to a NH-D9L and its good, but I think I couldve gone for a little bit bigger cooler, I never measured and just went off of what someone on here said he got.
  • KenCHeung
    Frenzy4 said:

Thanks for answering. That's true they wouldn't know if I have switched it or not lol. I am thinking about Coolermaster Master liquid 120 if that fits 
  • CyanideClide
    CyanideClide Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi, Frenzy4, did you have to remove the mobo to install the NH-D9L? Ive just been scratching my head with the same problem, I bought an aftermarket cooler (Cooler Master H412R) but the screws would not reach and I have no idea how to remove the mobo to attach the bracket, so I'm looking for a cooler that will attach straight on after taking the stock off without having to take the mobo out.

• KenCHeung
    edited December 2020
    Here is the response from Acer UK about warranty issue:

Thank you for contacting Acer Group regarding your query.

Your warranty will not be affected unless you damage the device or experience problems relating to the CPU fan after you've made the replacemant. It will be deemed as physical damage and it won't be covered under warranty. It will be a chargeable case.
This discussion has been closed.