Laptop won't boot from battery, boots up on a/c and the battery is detected. - E5-475-30ZC

Agentjay27
Agentjay27 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just had a windows update and was using my computer regularly. I turned it of and left it charging. when I came back the laptop won't turn on from battery power and will only boot up if the charger was connected. I also searched some solutions like pressing the power and reset buttons but still won't work. the last battery report is here:

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    It might help if you revealed your ACER full model number and the beginning part of the battery report that compares its design mWh capacity with its actual mWH capacity. What you've posted so far suggests the battery has already lost about half its designed capacity with some questionable data coming from its built-in charge controller board. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Agentjay27
    JackE said:
    It might help if you revealed your ACER full model number and the beginning part of the battery report that compares its design mWh capacity with its actual mWH capacity. What you've posted so far suggests the battery has already lost about half its designed capacity with some questionable data coming from its built-in charge controller board. Jack E/NJ
    My laptop is an E5-475-30ZC model. the battery model is a AS16A8K with typ.2800mAh/40.8Wh. thanks for pointing out looking for the model now I see that the battery is significantly degraded 12.99Wh is way to low compared to 40.8Wh. I'll consider buying a replacement battery then and we'll see how it goes from there.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    You may still be able to hobble along with it by googling and following directions to 'calibrate the battery' or uninstalling ALL the DeviceManager battery drivers along with a cold re-boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Agentjay27
    JackE said:
    You may still be able to hobble along with it by googling and following directions to 'calibrate the battery' or uninstalling ALL the DeviceManager battery drivers along with a cold re-boot. Jack E/NJ
    I removed the battery pack and found some corrosion. the battery is no longer usable I think so I'll just buy a new one. thanks!