Acer Aspire 7 not working display when start a computer - Acer A715-72G

BA17
BA17 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I have an Acer A715-72G. About 1 week I have a problem, every time when i turn on my laptop in the morning, screen is not working, just black.
I have to every time connect laptop to an external monitor and run AIDA 64 benchmark test and restart, after that it seems to be working properly, but it takes about 30 minutes to start laptop angry 
A tried reset BIOS, restart baterry with paper clip and also discharge and charge the battery, problem is not solved, please help.

Best Answer

• BA17
    Answer ✓
    Hi, notebook came from repair center.
    They exchanged motherboard and display, probably wrong backlight power supply.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are current unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BA17
    JackE said:
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are current unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for help, but it didn´t work.
  • JackE
    Shut laptop off. Turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to allow you to refresh the system to factory-delivered state while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BA17
    JackE said:
    Shut laptop off. Turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to allow you to refresh the system to factory-delivered state while trying to save your personal files. Jack E/NJ
    Is there any diference between this and full re-install of OS and BIOS reset?
    Because these things did not help.
  • BA17
    And one more information.
    About a month ago it started to work properly for about 2 weeks and then again every time I boot up in the morning, just black screen and only RDP working.
  • JackE
    The ALT+F10 cold boot reset activates a hidden ACER-specific Win10 factory recovery installation partition on your hard drive. A full re-install is usually done with a generic Win10 installation USB drive using Microsoft's media creation tool. The two methods are totally different. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BA17
    JackE said:
    The ALT+F10 cold boot reset activates a hidden ACER-specific Win10 factory recovery installation partition on your hard drive. A full re-install is usually done with a generic Win10 installation USB drive using Microsoft's media creation tool. The two methods are totally different. Jack E/NJ
    Gotta try but i changed hard drive to my own ssd so there may not be acer partition.
    Can i see it via PS Get-Partition? 
    PartitionNumber DriveLetter Offset Size Type
    --------------- ----------- ------ ---- ----
    1 1048576 529 MB Recovery
    Is it usual Windows 10 recovery partition or acer?
    BTW big thank you for helping me.
  • JackE
    If you changed drives, the ACER recovery partition method probably won't work. You usually can see all the partitions on the SSD by pressing WIN+R and enter 'diskmgmt.msc'. There should be a 0.5GB Windows recovery partition, possibly another 0.5GB ACER recovery partition that's no longer useful, a 0.1GB EFI boot partition, and you C : \ Windows system partition. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• BA17
    JackE said:
    If you changed drives, the ACER recovery partition method probably won't work. You usually can see all the partitions on the SSD by pressing WIN+R and enter 'diskmgmt.msc'. There should be a 0.5GB Windows recovery partition, possibly another 0.5GB ACER recovery partition that's no longer useful, a 0.1GB EFI boot partition, and you C : \ Windows system partition. Jack E/NJ 
    Yeah I thought it, there is no Acer recovery partition.

PartitionNumber  DriveLetter Offset                           Size Type
    ---------------  ----------- ------                                        ---- ----
    1                           1048576                                     529 MB Recovery
    2                           555745280                                   100 MB System
    3                           660602880                                    16 MB Reserved
    4                C           677380096                                465.13 GB Basic

Never mind, thanks for your help, I will send it to acer repair center on monday.
    My best guess is bad flex cable or power convertor... I will write the solution from repair center as fast as possible, if anyone would get the same problem. 
  • JackE
    OK. Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BA17
    Answer ✓
    Hi, notebook came from repair center.
    They exchanged motherboard and display, probably wrong backlight power supply.
  • JackE
    Thanks for reporting back with repair results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ