DC JACK PORT REPLACEMENT - Swift 315-52-363L

Gus29
Gus29 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Acer Swift 315-52-363L, DC Jack port faulty. I am disappointed with this make, never had a problem with other laptops purchased after 1 year and 2 months, just 2 months after warranty. Can anyone help where I can source a replacement part. Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The DC power jack on your SF315-52 is soldered to the motherboard. What's actually going on with yours? Are you using the stock power adapter or a replacement? When you look into the jack is the center electrode straight?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • A295
    A295 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi. Thanks for replying. I think the dc jack is broken. the center electrode is not straight. 
  • billsey
    Depending on how bent it is you might be able to straighten it with some small needle nose pliers. Failing that it's likely time to find a technician with good surface mount soldering skills to replace the jack itself on the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • A295
    A295 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Billsey, you've been very helpful 
  • billsey
    Let us know how it comes out.