Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,335 Community Administrator
edited October 2020 in Chromebooks
Chromebook Spin 513
Wherever you are, stay connected with the Chromebook Spin 513, powered with:
  • Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Processor
  • 13.3” Display in 12” Form Factor
  • 4G LTE Connectivity
Witness more: https://acer.co/next-at-acer

Check out the other products announced during today's Global Press Conference.

1 - Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.

Comments

• patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Will the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor allow for more straight Android apps? Some of my Google Apps on my phone are either unavailable or have fewer features on my Spin 713.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Most apps that have those issues are expecting the screen resolution to match a phone, not a tablet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • geograf
    geograf Member Posts: 3 New User
    does the 513 support a USI pen? - which?
  • TinderBox
    TinderBox Member Posts: 5 New User
    So where the hell is it? Nearly March now and still not released.
  • Mechano
    Mechano Member Posts: 4 New User
    geograf said:
    does the 513 support a USI pen? - which?
    I've used both passive and cheap active pens and they work.
    But on my Spin 311 (with MT8183), some display work with different pens some display don't work. It means Acer has different suppliers for displays.

So at first find a cheap passive pen, if it works, you can buy an active one.
  • Mechano
    TinderBox said:
    So where the hell is it? Nearly March now and still not released.
    In Italy realeased 4GB/64GB on Amazon, and into Acer store you can find 8GB/64GB but lot more expensive than 4GB.
  • Mechano
    I'm using from 2 days the new Chromebook Spin 513 8/64GB. A very good machine.
    But I've some performance issues with the graphic card. 
    Lot of lags, many games that work good with Chromebook Spin 311 (MT8183 CPU) and Lenovo Duet, with the Spin 513 have lags and performance issues.
    Also the interface has many lags and is not brilliant like less powerful Chromebooks with Mediatek CPU.

I don't know how to ask to Acer if they will release an update with improved graphics drivers.

• Mechano
    Will the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor allow for more straight Android apps? Some of my Google Apps on my phone are either unavailable or have fewer features on my Spin 713.

What apps? Can you write names so I can try them with my Spin 513?
    Normally Chromebooks with ARM CPU have better performance and chance to work with more Play apps than intel Chromebooks.
    Also, if you buy a convertible, you have something similar to an ARM Android Tablet... So more apps will work.