Why does bluetooth keep disappearing? Aspire E5-575G

bb68
bb68 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Recently, the Bluetooth capability on my Aspire E5-575G (Windows 10) keeps disappearing. By this I mean:
  • my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are not working after waking and logging on to the laptop
  • When I look in Device Manager, there is no entry for Bluetooth
  • When I run the Win10 Bluetooth troubleshooter, it says that the laptop doesn't have this capability.
To fix the problem, I have to re-install the Acer Bluetooth drivers. Things work fine for a while, but sooner or later, I'm back to the situation I describe above. 

Has anyone see this before? Any ideas how to fix it (permanently) or what the root cause may be?

Thanks

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. In the box that pops up make sure System Protection is turned on. Next time this happens, you should be able to identify an update which may be responsible for  the behavior and be able to block it till a future update fixes the issue. This is common for Win10 updates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point'. In the box that pops up make sure System Protection is turned on. Next time this happens, you should be able to identify an update which may be responsible for  the behavior and be able to block it till a future update fixes the issue. This is common for Win10 updates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ