Why is power indicator turning into purple when I shutdown my aspire laptop? Aspire E1-471G

DianaRamesh
DianaRamesh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi all,

I am using an Acer Aspire E1-471G laptop. The problem is when I shutdown my laptop the power light which glows in blue when powered ON turns orange and then goes to purple colour. It glows in the purple colour till I power on my laptop the next time. Also battery is getting drained easily so I have to always keep the laptop plugged in when using. Kindly let me know why this purple light is glowing. Thanks in Advance.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited October 2020
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that currently are unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box  for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DianaRamesh
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that currently are unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box  for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Jack E/NJ
    Hi JackE,

In my PC Turn on fast startup is already unchecked. But still this problem is there.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Shut down Windows normally. Remove charger. Push battery latch on bottom to right with your finger or ballpoint pen (screwdriver shouldn't be needed). Remove battery pack. Then press & hold power button for about a minute.  Replace battery pack till latch clicks back in place. If power LED is now unlit, then plug the charger back in. Wait for the charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn the laptop back on and boot to Windows normally. Then shutdown Windows normally. Does power LED now stay off? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DianaRamesh
    JackE said:
    Shut down Windows normally. Remove charger. Push battery latch on bottom to right with your finger or ballpoint pen (screwdriver shouldn't be needed). Remove battery pack. Then press & hold power button for about a minute.  Replace battery pack till latch clicks back in place. If power LED is now unlit, then plug the charger back in. Wait for the charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn the laptop back on and boot to Windows normally. Then shutdown Windows normally. Does power LED now stay off? Jack E/NJ

Hello JackE,

I tried this out. But it's still the same.