Wireless Driver not showing up Aspire XC-704

Say21
Say21 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
So I’m trying to get my Aspire XC-704 to connect to wifi wirelessly, which shouldn’t be a problem because the computer is wireless compatible. 
I went on the Acer website and typed in my SIN and downloaded the latest wireless driver onto a USB, then I installed it on my computer. The installation was fine with no problems, but when I go to check if the driver is now in device manager, there’s still nothing there. 
I’ve tried every single trouble shoot trick I’ve found on the internet, called Microsoft, reset all my settings and checked the computer settings. Nothing works. 

I’m at my wit’s end and would love any advice on how I can get wireless set up on my computer. 

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @say21,
        What do you mean by "wireless compatible"? I think it is Wi-Fi compatible if you add a USB Wi-Fi dongle to it. Have you bought such a device?
  • ttttt
    @say21,

Sorry, I looked at the XC-704G spec. Yes, it is supposed to have 802.11ac Wi-Fi. Have you tried connect to Wi-Fi yet?
  • Say21

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @say21,
        What do you mean by "wireless compatible"? I think it is Wi-Fi compatible if you add a USB Wi-Fi dongle to it. Have you bought such a device?
    I assumed it meant the computer came with a wireless card - based on what the customer service rep from Microsoft said, it sounded like if I had the right drivers downloaded, the Internet should be working fine. If it's only WiFi compatible with a USB dongle then that would explain my problem, I'd have to go get one.
  • Say21

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @say21,

Sorry, I looked at the XC-704G spec. Yes, it is supposed to have 802.11ac Wi-Fi. Have you tried connect to Wi-Fi yet?
    Yes I have - Wifi doesn't even show up as a connection option. I just see Ethernet.
  • ttttt
    @Say21
    Are you sure your model is XC-704 and not XC-704G?
  • Say21

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    ttttt said:
    @Say21
    Are you sure your model is XC-704 and not XC-704G?
    Yes says XC-704
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Fire up Device Manager and expand the Network adapters section. Take a screenshot and let us see what's listed. You might have everything right except the adapter is disabled or the adapter might be having issues.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.