I can see a grid on solid colors, mostly light blue Acer SB230 Bbix

BrianMedeiros
BrianMedeiros Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I purchased Acer SB230 Bbix Few weeks ago. First thing i noticed right away on my desktop, a few icons i had that were solid blue looked pixelated. I assumed it has something to do with my laptop. But I'm noticing the same with with other computers, and not just the desktop. Any time solid light blue, think facebook, is on screen, i can see a black grid. This happens on oranges and other solid colors, but blue is most noticeable. Moreso now that i got another, lower end lg monitor that doesn't have this issue. I've tried every setting, freesync, overdrive, nothing fixes this.

Anything i can do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Try changing resolutions and refresh rates to see if you can pin it down to a mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BrianMedeiros
    BrianMedeiros Member Posts: 2 New User
    Running it at 60hz instead of 75 looks to help. Using the a display mini to hdmi connector on my macbook to the monitor, which limits the refresh rate to 60 is the only time it looks normal. On windows, limiting the os to 60hz isn't as noticeable as it is on my mac.
    The only time it looks fine is if the blue is on some grey scale background. Not solid black, but something with shade.