Glitched Monitor? AN515-54-51M5

TheLastCyn
TheLastCyn Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've had my Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-54-51M5) for about 5 months now. It's been having pretty frequent issues and so I'm not even surprised about this one. Long story short this happened... (See the image down below) It occurred three days back if I recall correctly and has happened four times now. I have a really bad feeling that this'll lead to even bigger issues down the line so please, if you have an answer as to how I should resolve this issue, please leave it down below. Aside from that I hope you guys are all staying safe during this horrible pandemic. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Hi @TheLastCyn,

Please connect the device to an external monitor and check. If the display is clear in the external display then probably laptop ribbon might come lose.

You could try a battery reset to test your luck

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Hi @TheLastCyn,

Please connect the device to an external monitor and check. If the display is clear in the external display then probably laptop ribbon might come lose.

You could try a battery reset to test your luck
  • TheLastCyn

Tinkerer

Well I did find out the problem to be loose laptop ribbon. Where would I find the said ribbon or should I just send it in for a repair?
  • TheLastCyn

Tinkerer

Also I would like to add that if I were to try and fix the laptop laptop ribbon, would that void my warranty? I'm planning to get an answer to my second question (labeled above as to whether I should send it in for a repair and have them fix the ribbon or fix it myself) before I do anything rash. Thank you for your time once again.