Laptop not booting up - Swift 5( SF514-52T)

PranjalJo
PranjalJo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a Swift 5( SF514-52T) i79th gen. few days back it was working perfectly. Then one morning I pressed the power button and the system didn't start. I tired pressing the power button for more than 30 seconds and also tried resetting the internal battery using the pinhole below but nothing works. What should I do?

Answers

• Sam31
    Sam31 Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2020
    when was the last time you used it and what significant change did you do to it in that time?
    Or maybe did you do any hardware changes in that time
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    When you did the battery reset, did you follow the full procedure or just press the button? The full process is to first disconnect power, then press and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds, then wait 15-30 minutes, the reconnect power and wait for full charge indication, then turn it back on. Shorting any of those steps can leave you with the reset not actually resetting... Usually the reset is needed when the battery gets confused about charge levels, and doesn't let you turn things on because it thinks there isn't enough power to run on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PranjalJo
    billsey said:
    When you did the battery reset, did you follow the full procedure or just press the button? The full process is to first disconnect power, then press and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds, then wait 15-30 minutes, the reconnect power and wait for full charge indication, then turn it back on. Shorting any of those steps can leave you with the reset not actually resetting... Usually the reset is needed when the battery gets confused about charge levels, and doesn't let you turn things on because it thinks there isn't enough power to run on.
    Yeah, I followed the procedure correctly.

UPDATE : I did the battery reset 4 times. During the first three times nothing happened. But after I attempted the reset procedure forth time something weird happened. The keyboard backlight started blinking.(They never blink during startup). After 5-10 min. of blinking I was able to see my desktop and the laptop seemed to be working fine (It was kinda slow). I did run scans (windows defender) but nothing popped up.

I used my laptop for a while. Then clicked shut down. Next morning I was back to square one, It's not booting up. 

PS. I asked one of my friends about this, He said It might be some sort of BIOS problem.
  • PranjalJo
    Sam31 said:
    when was the last time you used it and what significant change did you do to it in that time?
    Or maybe did you do any hardware changes in that time
    It was working normally on Saturday night, Stopped working on Sunday morning. (did work for while Yesterday, check the update)

And No, I haven't made any changes to the hardware or software recently.  
  • LAPTOPS
    LAPTOPS Member Posts: 1 New User
    your information is so much helpful :) https://getmylaptop.com/
  • PranjalJo
    UPDATE : So I took it to the repair center and he said that the problem is with the keyboard. Apparently the film underneath has some issues and they would need to replace the entire keyboard.  The power button is in the keyboard so it can't boot up. It might take 20 days for the replacement to be shipped