Laptop battery aspire a715-71g

Ianchis
Ianchis Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello , today my laptop just decided to not charge above 96 percent , what can I do ? I can't play anything because the laptop keeps disconnecting and connecting , and when it disconnects the frames drop , I have an acer aspire a715-71g, please help :(.

Best Answer

• Ianchis
    Answer ✓
    @Geralt and @lanchis Does the same problem occur when adding a few layers of electrical tape over this button?
    Problema na bateria Nitro 5 AN515-51-52BF  Acer Community
    Acer aspire 5 A515-51G-72DB desliga sozinho aps alguns segundos  Acer  Community
    This thing actually helped , I put some tape on the button and now it works , can I ask what that button do?

Answers

• LunaAdmirer
    LunaAdmirer Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi @Ianchis

First try to power drain your unit , use this link and follow the steps :  https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset. find a pin hole behind your unit and Press with paperclip for 5 secs (while laptop off and AC unplugged).

If you face the same issue Try to uninstall the Battery adapters drivers :

Go to device manager and uninstall the battery adapters. Post that restart the unit and check for changes.

Click yes if this was useful to you!!

• Ianchis
    Hi @Ianchis

First try to power drain your unit , use this link and follow the steps :  https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75-acer-internal-battery-reset. find a pin hole behind your unit and Press with paperclip for 5 secs (while laptop off and AC unplugged).

If you face the same issue Try to uninstall the Battery adapters drivers :

Go to device manager and uninstall the battery adapters. Post that restart the unit and check for changes.

Click yes if this was useful to you!!

I tried both things and still not working , the battery goes to 97 percent then 
  • Geralt
    Geralt Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    @Ianchis the acer laptop just sucks you have to deal with it i am dealing with same charger disconnection issue whenever i play game what a waste of money never buy another acer products in your entire life again
    I have seen this complains in most of the acer laptops like predator,nitro,aspire in acer community,and the comment section solution of those posts are useless because its definitely Acer fault while manufacturing their laptops.
    No Matter whatever you try like changing charger adapter,charge to 100 and play, undervolt gpu,cpu,reinstall windows,reset bios,reset battery pinhole, uninstall battery drivers,update bios,calibrate the battery it simply behaves like same shitttshow.Really disappointed wasted my entire money and cant play game at all.Worst decision ever made this will stop me and most of the other users complaining about this issue in future to not buy any acer products at all.
  • @GeraltCan you provide the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. You did not mention if you have seen battery wear with the hwinfo64 program.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ianchis
    @GeraltCan you provide the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. You did not mention if you have seen battery wear with the hwinfo64 program.
    The laptop is a715-71g-541m , now I disconnected the battery because I couldn't play anything but after 3 years I bet the battery has wear.
  • @lanchis and @GeraltCan you connect the battery and check for wear? Also, does the same problem occur when disabling the geforce experience batteryboost?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Geralt
    @GeraltCan you provide the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. You did not mention if you have seen battery wear with the hwinfo64 program.
    A515-51g-515j checked battery wear on hwinfo its perfectly fine only 5 per wear definitely its not battery issue its acer fault itself while manufacturing they made it carelessly on most of their models.
  • @Geralt and @lanchis Does the same problem occur when adding a few layers of electrical tape over this button?
    Acer aspire 5 A515-51G-72DB desliga sozinho aps alguns segundos  Acer  Community

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ianchis
    Answer ✓
    @Geralt and @lanchis Does the same problem occur when adding a few layers of electrical tape over this button?
    This thing actually helped , I put some tape on the button and now it works , can I ask what that button do?
  • Ianchis
    Ianchis said:
    Actually the battery is doing the same , but now is charging to 100 percent then disconnects ... should I change the battery ? in hwinfo the wear level is 10.8%
  • It cuts power to the battery when the laptop is disassembled. I would like to know whether Mr @Geralt problem has also been resolved.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geralt
    @egydiocoelho already tried this as well no use it has to be acer manufacturing defect in their most of the models as seen via complains of predator,aspire,nitro by the owners in acer community and literally at this point i am done with this and dealing with the issue,really shame that a only couple of months old laptop is having issue,it will probably my last purchase from Acer so yeah my money is wasted on useless products which cant even satisfy the gaming experience because always when playing game i have to worry and my full focus and experience is ruined by the charger disconnects issue,i mean literally after every methods i mentioned while fixing it and still not fixed+amount of tons of complains my many acer laptop users in this community i am a bit trying to relax by thinking most of the acer laptop owners are facing it so yeah i will stop doing works which requires cpu and gpu at the same time and will only do basic normal task till i purchase other reputed manufacturers laptops and boycott acer forever.Thanks for replying by the way as I have seen you are trying to answer and reply about the posts and trying to provide solutions despite being a member only.
  • @Geralt What happens when you disconnect the lithium battery?
    What is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geralt
    Ianchis said:
    Ianchis said:
    Actually the battery is doing the same , but now is charging to 100 percent then disconnects ... should I change the battery ? in hwinfo the wear level is 10.8%
    Its not battery fault i have also put electrical tape and my battery backup is good with only 5per wear but still whenever i open game or use work which requires both cpu and gpu to work simultaneously the charger just disconnects regardless of battery percent no matter 100 per,90 per it disconnects and ruins the experience.Its somewhat one of the strange issue i i ever experienced in acer laptop brand only and not on my previous other manufacturers laptops.Also you can find tons of complains if you just search on google by typing 
    Acer laptop charger disconnects while gaming so what does this mean definitely acer careless manufactures.
  • Geralt
    @egydiocoelho i have tried disconnecting internal battery as well when i disassembled,as i said it happens regardless of bios version i have tried both latest version 1.20 and 2.02 version of bios both behaves same so its not bios issue and battery issue at all, definitely something wrong went during the manufacturing process by acer either by careless way of manufacturing or by using low quality products.
  • @GeraltSince your model is the A515-51, can you create a new topic and add me by putting an @? In addition, can you send a screenshot of battery wear using the hwinfo64 program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ianchis
    The battery is doing the same now , I don't know what to do , probably I am going to disconnect the battery and use it like that...
  • Geralt
    @egydiocoelho its definitely acer careless manufacture resulting the issue as i said earlier battery wear is fine heres the ss and literally i tried every solutions to fix this but no totally disappointed in acer will be my last purchase anyway from acer as i don't wanna waste money on wasteful products from Acer.
  • Ianchis
    Geralt said:
    @egydiocoelho its definitely acer careless manufacture resulting the issue as i said earlier battery wear is fine heres the ss and literally i tried every solutions to fix this but no totally disappointed in acer will be my last purchase anyway from acer as i don't wanna waste money on wasteful products from Acer.
    That's not nice , now I disconnected the battery and I'm playing like this but the cpu is not going above 2.5Ghz, I'm thinking to buy a new battery to see if the problem is still there...
  • What happens when you disconnect the lithium battery and press the power button for 30 seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer