Laptop cant keep charge. Aspire VX5-591G-73SB

AhgpuahBG
AhgpuahBG Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello. I got Aspire VX5-591G-73SB laptop. When I use it just for internet it's working and charging fine. The problem starts when I try to play a game and then it stops charging and I need to unplug and plug it back in... it works for a few minutes then it stops again and have to repeat. Sometimes it also stops charging when I plug in a usb cooling pad.
I bought a different charger, I changed the DC jack and I also did reset the battery with a pin but none of this made any difference.
Please help :) its extremely annoying...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,433 Trailblazer
    >>>The problem starts when I try to play a game and then it stops charging and I need to unplug and plug it back in.>>>

Battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE heavy gaming and cooling loads for maximum play time. This is because the charger can't keep up with both supplying the power demand of the game and cooling pad and charging the battery at the same time. So the battery helps the charger meet the power by discharging. When the battery reaches about 50% charge level, the laptop will automatically reduce power so the battery can charge but the game becomes unplayable. This is normal. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

Its not normal. Months ago it wasnt like that. With or without plugged usb fan it stops charging when I start a game. It affects performance and I cant play on battery. Is there a way to fix it ?
  • Geralt
    Geralt Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    AhgpuahBG said:
    Its not normal. Months ago it wasnt like that. With or without plugged usb fan it stops charging when I start a game. It affects performance and I cant play on battery. Is there a way to fix it ?
    Same issue here since the beginning of purchase of my laptop this charger auto disconnects and reconnects ruins the gaming experience which locks fps to 10 and eventually drains the battery,also this issue is common in almost most of the acer laptops as seen by the amount of complains in predator,nitro,aspire series in acer community.I have also tried literally every solution like playing with 100 per charge, calibrating battery, undervolting cpu and gpu,reinstalling windows,battery reseting with pinhole, reseting bios, upgrading bios, uninstalling battery drivers, checking battery wear and also saw only 6 per wear lvl,using different power outlets and new adapter, following every steps posted in every complains regarding it in acer community,none seems to fix the issue,and this confirms its the acer using cheap quality products during manufacture of laptops so that they can get high profit,i never had issues with my 5 yr old dell laptop till now, Don't know why i bought this totally unstable pilee of garbaage acer product.The solution for me at this point is to never buy Acer laptops again.
  • AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

The laptop is 3 years old and I got this problem for few a months now.
  • JackE
    You're probably playing more demanding updated games now that use more power. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

Even if its like that then why after a few unplugs and plugs in back it charges normally and consistent ? And what if I remove the battery and use the laptop only with charger on ? Would it act the same way when I start a game ?
  • JackE
    Charger is probably cooling off. As mentioned earlier, battery must be near 100% charged and charger plugged in BEFORE heavy gaming and cooling loads for maximum play time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• I also advise you to check the battery for wear with the hwinfo64 program. Can you send a screenshot of battery wear?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

I installed hwinfo64 but cant find any info for the battery :)

• JackE
    Then go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg   /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot of the top portion of report if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

hope this helps

• JackE
    Lost about a quarter of its full-charge capacity. It's even more important that the  battery be near full charge and plugged in BEFORE heavy gaming and cooling loads for maximum play time. A new battery might help but I think your newer gaming software is demanding more power. What is your BIOS version number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bios 1.00 It is one of the first versions of the bios. About battery wear, he can confirm here:
    HWiNFO todas as informaes detalhadas do hardware do seu PC  KeroDicas   Informao Dicas e Novidades de Tecnologia
    I advise you to calibrate the battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

Do I need to update the bios ?
    I will try to calibrate it now.
  • AhgpuahBG

Tinkerer

Calibration didnt help :(
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer