How to turn off the rgb on both of my mouse and keyboard in Acer g3-710 desktop?

Neel05
Neel05 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Gaming Accessories
I recently got the g3-710 and I've been enjoying it for a while. I got a keyboard and mouse with it in the box. I wanted to turn off the lighting on both my keyboard and mouse. I figured out how to with my keyboard but not my mouse. Anyone knows?
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• LenaAxelsson
    LenaAxelsson Member Posts: 3 New User
    As you know there are no physical switches that help you to turn on or off the RGBs so you have to do some manual tricks. The first thing that I suggest is either put a thin strip of electrical tape over the slot or open up the mouse gently and break off the LED. If that is not possible, try painting over the light with a couple of coats of black nail enamel. Try out different colors and finally sufficient thickness will block or at least dim that light. 

• Jameswalter
    Jameswalter Member Posts: 71 Troubleshooter

Please enable EuP(ErP) function in BIOS to turn off all the stand-by power for the USB ports. Under Windows 10 OS Setting: Power Options/System settings > Do not select [Fast Startup] to disable mouse and keyboard after system shutdown.

Regards,

James