Expanding RAM and SSD A315-53G-56ER

jamie24
jamie24 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
I just want to ask if i can expand the ram of my A315-53G-56ER?

If yes, how can i do it and can i install SSD as well? 

Thank you.,

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This model comes with only 4gb of ram and a hdd of 1tb. You can add more than 16gb of ram dd4 sodimm and you can also add a ssd m2 2280 sata 3, nvme or optane memory, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-53/94889https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-53G/94562
    Memoria Ram Acer Aspire 3 A315-53-C6CS  Acer Community
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suqj6WtJP8M
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can install a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 or nvme and also a hard drive.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    This model comes with only 4gb of ram and a hdd of 1tb. You can add more than 16gb of ram dd4 sodimm and you can also add a ssd m2 2280 sata 3, nvme or optane memory, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-53/94889https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-53G/94562
    Memoria Ram Acer Aspire 3 A315-53-C6CS  Acer Community
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suqj6WtJP8M

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jamie24

Tinkerer

Does this laptop A315-53G-56ER supports M2 slot for ssd? so we can use the 1TB HDD as well if we install the M2
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can install a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 or nvme and also a hard drive.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jamie24

Tinkerer

Thank you for that information but just want to ask If Should I purchase 2400mhz as well?

Because according to this, it supports 2133 and 1866

• Yes, you will be able to purchase another 16gb ddr4 2400mhz ram. Now, can you check if the 4gb of ram are onboard or offboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jamie24

Tinkerer

It was onboard and soldered to the motherboard already. So should I follow this chart

and but the 1866/2133 or this?

2400mhz that is showing on my computer task manager?

Thanks a lot
  • Yes, you will be able to add another 16gb of 2400mhz ddr4 sodimm. But it will work in flexible mode:
    a) the 4gb of onboard ram will work in dual channel with the 4gb of ram from the 16gb offboard memory.
    b) the remaining 12gb of ram in the 16gb offboard memory, will work in single channel.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FPJ
    FPJ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can I install a WD black SN750 high performance ssd M.2 NVME Gen 3 to the Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G-56ER?