Acer tablet Iconia One 10 Stuck On Boot

JustARandomGuy
JustARandomGuy Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
My Acer tablet is stuck on boot.
I tried to press the power on button and the volume down button together but it doesn't work.

Best Answers

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which Iconia One 10 model do you have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JustARandomGuy

Tinkerer

i have the acer iconia one 10 b3-a30
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Try doing a reinstall of the OS from the image they have on the support site. You will need an SD card...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JustARandomGuy

Tinkerer

Can you maybe comment the support site link here I can't find the link.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
  • JustARandomGuy

Tinkerer

Does this also work with a usb connected to a dongle?
  • billsey
    No, the OS reinstall/upgrade needs a SD card.
  • JustARandomGuy

Tinkerer

Do i just put it in the tablet and then it should work or do i have to do something so it works? because i put my sd card in the tablet and i turned it on and nothing happened
  • billsey
    You need the update.zip file in the root of the SD card, then power up with the volume up (or down depending on which way the tablet is rotated) key pressed. Hold both keys until the text shows up then release them. In the menu you move the highlight up and down with the volume up and down keys and select with the power button.
  • JustARandomGuy

Tinkerer

how do i put it in the root of the sd card and i cant get in that menu actually
  • billsey
    Just put the SD into a computer and copy the zip file to it. Make sure you are holding the right buttons when you power up. It's easy to be doing volume up when you need volume down, or visa versa.
  • JustARandomGuy

Tinkerer

I cant get into that menu i have tried both button combinations and one of them just shows fast boot. is there another way to get into that menu?
  • billsey
    Nope, that's the normal way to get there on an Android device. Is the SD card formatted NTFS or FAT32?
  • Decia
    Decia Member Posts: 3 New User
    I've download the O.S. but no zip file shows up. Can someone help me please?
  • billsey
    Some of the Android OS files from Acer are zips with the actual upgrade zip inside it. Check to see if your zip file is one of those, they typically have update.zip and a readme in the downloaded zip.