Graphics problems and auto restart, a515-43 vega 8

Respostas

• SamirBilalMemon
    SamirBilalMemon Member Posts: 68 Troubleshooter
    @Suvan
      No, I'm quite sure I am not pressing fn+f6, regarding brightness I will check that now.
    Also fn+f6 turns display on and off very smoothly, generally my mouse is stuck for about two seconds then display goes off after some more time it returns, sometimes it leads to an auto restart and sometimes it leads to applications closing and sometimes applications remain open but the full window of it is blank and i am required to close and open them again. sometimes the start menu stops working after this issue and i need to restart windows explorer in task manager, when using fn+f6 none of these things occur.
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan

What version is your driver?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan

I went back to amd website driver 20.4.2 using ddu + safeboot then install.

Color and brightness have now been fixed thank you for helping me with that but I don't think the display going blank is fixed yet, when this issue occurs again I will post.
  • SamirBilalMemon

as per instruction it worked!
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan
    @egydiocoelho

Is there anything else we can try out to fix the random black screens?
  • Suvan
    Suvan Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @SamirBilalMemon was the issue there when you got the laptop?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan as far as I can remember I pretty much always had the issue, at least one screen freeze followed by a black screen a day.
  • SamirBilalMemon
    My warranty is still valid should I be sending an email to those guys linking to this thread?
  • SamirBilalMemon
    The issue occurred again, booted computer started chrome, clicked a link and screen froze for a few seconds went completely black and then back to normal.
  • Does the black screen problem only occur in chrome? What happens when you disable hardware acceleration?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    No it has also occured outside chrome, I will disable hardware acceleration and continue updating.
  • SamirBilalMemon
    editado agosto 2020
    I disabled hardware acceleration on chrome, i relaunched chrome and then disabled on windows, then rebooted, I will continue updating the situation. Thank you guys @egydiocoelho @Suvan

• SamirBilalMemon
    @egydiocoelho
    @Suvan
    I got one more black screen that lasted for a few seconds. I powered on my laptop and pressed enter so i can put my windows pin and log in, after pressing enter the screen went completely black for a few seconds then i got to enter my pin and log in. I'm sure the black screen is not occurring only with chrome.

Is there anything else we can do or try? 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    I had once taken a video of it, this is what it looks like https://youtu.be/e4dEFkFFxtw I quickly started recording as soon as it went blank.
  • SamirBilalMemon
  • Suvan
    @SamirBilalMemon you could try installing amd chipset drivers.download the mobile fp5 drivers from amd website. 

• Suvan
    acer does not provide amd chipset drivers.I really don't know why they don't give it. so i don't think you could rollback to the factory driver. so please take note of that.
  • In addition, does this problem also occur when using the laptop on battery power?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamirBilalMemon
    editado agosto 2020
    @egydiocoelho This problem also occurs on battery power, also on plugged in.

@Suvan I downloaded the chipset driver, should i boot in safe mode and install it there or are there any important things to note before i begin? Also is there any chance I will screw my computer, as you mentioned I will not be able to rollback.

• SamirBilalMemon
    @Suvan I successfully installed the chipset drivers after reading AMD website how to page, it was simple and I had to restart at the end. I will continue updating my situation.