Intel(R) wireless Ac 9560 160mhz adapter has problem couldn't connect to WIFI - Swift 3 SF314-55G

ChanYiTao
ChanYiTao Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Model: Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G

My wifi just suddenly stopped working and I troubleshoot it says the Intel wireless ac 9560 160mhz adapter experiencing driver or hardware problem.
I tried restarting the laptop but still same. 
What should I do? 

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    ChanYiTao said:
    Model: Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G

My wifi just suddenly stopped working and I troubleshoot it says the Intel wireless ac 9560 160mhz adapter experiencing driver or hardware problem.
    I tried restarting the laptop but still same. 
    What should I do? 

Your existing drivers for the Intel AC 9560 BT/WiFi drivers must be corrupted (the actual card very rarely goes wrong). Go to Device Manager > Network adaptors > right click the Wireless Network Adapter (which is the Intel AC 9560) > Uninstall device, which will completely uninstall the driver for the Intel wireless AC 9560 do the same for the Bluetooth driver too.

After, download the BT/WiFi drivers from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/99446/Intel-Wireless-AC-9560 and reinstall the BT/WiFi driver and after installation press F3 or Fn + F3 together to make sure that the BT/WiFi is activated. If this does not work, undo the back cover and check the Intel AC 9560 card if it hasn’t moved out of its slots and/or there is no oxidation on the slots, take the card out and clean it and also, make sure that the two white/black arial wires are also pugged in correctly and fully. If after all this the Intel AC 9560 card does not work then the card is faulty.

• Aaronsean
    Aaronsean Member Posts: 4 New User
    @StevenGen I have the same issue on my Acer Nitro 5, Works fine while browsing the net, watching videos etc but as soon as I load up a game can be online or offline the Wifi adapter crashes making an audio stutter sound and then only works if I connect an ethernet cable and reinstall drivers. Any solutions to this would be really appreciated. (same mode intel AC 9560)
  • Daramalla
    Daramalla Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issues with my laptop SF314-55G-52AT. I have tried all the options from reinstalling/updating drivers to opening the back cover, disconnecting/connecting the battery, and reconnecting the intel AC9560 adapter. But, the problem still persists and it is frustrating to see wifi disconnect suddenly during important meetings.

Does the ACER provide accessories for Intel model 9560NGW with A12-11 and E pins? I have tried to look for the same intel card on Amazon, eBay, etc. but I could not find any suitable one. Please suggest. Many thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Daramalla The description Acer uses for the card is:
    Wireless LAN Intel 802.11ac Bluetooth FM 9560.NGWG.NV JFP2 M.2 2x2AC MU-MIMO/160Mhz + BT5 2230 non-vPro
    I see plenty of them available on sites like Amazon and they are not terribly difficult to replace. Note that often times the disconnect/reconnect issue is traced to too many routers using the same channel so verify yours is running in the clear. The 2.4GHz space is often way too crowded and you might find better results in one of the 5GHz channels instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.