4K video lag swift 3 SF314-41-R2XF.

Gabry
Gabry Member Posts: 73 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
For a few days I have a problem with my swift 3 SF314-41-R2XF.  When you watch videos on youtbe with chrome or edge chromium in 4k in the same place the video crashes for a few ms and starts again. With edge, however, it also detects the hdr and has no problem. The point is that before restoring the pc deleting all partitions had no problems with any browser, What could have happened?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @Gabry
    which version of amd/nvidia software are you using?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Gabry
    I don't use any software
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @Gabry
    Open device manager→expand display adapters→then post screenshot of that screen 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    That model uses the builtin AMD Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics. There should be drivers installed and they may have been updated recently to something with issues, or they may need to be updated to something without issues. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gabry
    It's all up to date and I have the same versions of the drivers I had before
  • billsey
    Could have been a Chromium update then... That would potentially explain why it works with the old Edge but breaks with Chrome and the new Edge.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gabry
    In fact, even with firefox it works great. But months ago he had no problem
  • billsey
    So Firefox isn't Chromium based, or is so modified it doesn't line up with Chromium updates. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I wonder if there's a Chromium community to report bugs...
  • Gabry
    I asked for support and I don't get a response
  • billsey
    Not every support community is as friendly as we are... Pin them again to see if you can get a response. Or just wait and use something that's not Chromium based until they get it fixed.
  • Gabry
    With the latest browser updates, it no longer occurs
  • billsey
    Great news! Though I wonder why it took so long for them to get it fixed and rolled out...
  • kirmgrauza
    kirmgrauza Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I just want to note, that if function works smooth with one browser and doesn't with other. It's not hardware fault. It''s software. :)