BATTERY LIFE - Acer Swift 3

nadz
nadz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi, I just wanna ask some help and clarifications about the battery performance of Acer Swift 3, ryzen 5 I bought three days ago. From the specs ad it says to have like 7-9 hours battery life, but to my dismay, upon using the product, I can only get around 3-3.5 hours of battery life. I had a low spec Acer which is Aspire E-14 and I am using it for 5 years already but the battery is still impressive, can use it longer, compared to this newly bought acer swift. Please help me resolve or clarify this issue. Thanks.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Battery life can vary widely, even on the same models, as it depends on many factors. Have you turned on power saving mode in power options and battery saving in windows 10 settings? Also, have you already dimmed the display?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tinav
    Tinav Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue with my Swift3, the battery life is only 3 or 4 hours. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    @Tinav you should start a new thread so you can mark it solved when appropriate. Which Swift 3 model do you have? It should be something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. Which antivirus do you have running? Which power plan? What else is running normally? How bright are you keeping the screen? All of those affect battery life, sometimes dramatically...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.